Director, Data Governance
Director, Data Governance
Director, Data Governance
Permanent Full time
Toronto, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Number of positions:
December 10, 2021
January 7, 2022
Who we are
We are an organization comprised of industry thought leaders who are passionate about health data and want to make a difference in the health care field. We are an independent, not-for-profit organization and together with our partners we provide essential information on Canada's health systems, enabling decisions that lead to healthier Canadians. As a valued member of the CIHI team, you and your work will have a pivotal role in the evolution of Canada's health care systems.
CIHI is recognized as an exceptional place to work that embraces diversity, respect, integrity, collaboration and innovation.
At CIHI, we recognize what matters to our employees. Some of the benefits of working at CIHI include
- HOOPP Pension Plan (Defined Pension)
- Retirement Planning Program
- Generous vacation days for permanent and long-term contracts
- Work-life balance
- Career Planning Program
- Learning and Professional Development Program
- Flexible benefits program from your first day on the job for permanent and long-term contracts
Why is this role important?
As a member of the Senior Management Team, the Director, Data Governance, is responsible for strategic leadership and successful execution of initiatives related to CIHI’s data governance portfolio. The Director provides day-to-day operational leadership over planning, development and delivery of the functions under their area of responsibility; specifically providing expertise and leadership in supporting the data content standards, information quality and internal and external data access and dissemination and data ethics functions across the organization.
What you'll do
1. Provides leadership and strategic direction relating to the Branch portfolio. Oversees the development and implementation of operational plans and budgets for the Branch programs. Leads, develops and mentors managers in the Data Governance Branch. Accountable for the development and implementation of operational plans and budgets for the Branch programs, aligned to corporate objectives and priorities.
2. Provides expertise and advice to the Vice-President, Data Strategies and Statistics and the Executive Committee, as required.
3. Monitors performance of Branch programs and acts as required to achieve established objectives. Identifies gaps, and opportunities related to the Branch portfolio, consults and solicits input from stakeholders and partners and participates in corporate strategic and operations planning, including risk management.
4. Oversees the development of relevant internal and external analysis and reporting in key areas of responsibility, consistent with corporate plans and priorities.
5. Implements project proposals as approved. Provides project updates via the corporate project management system. Works with stakeholders and client advisory groups as required.
6. Establishes and fosters relationships and collaborates with internal and external senior stakeholders to identify branch priorities in support of CIHI objectives, and develops plans to deliver on them.
7. Maintains and fosters excellence and continuous improvement across the organization for CIHI core functions of data standards development and implementation, data quality, data ethics, and internal and external data access. Develops, maintains and enhances relevant CIHI frameworks, including the existing data governance, information quality and data ethics frameworks. Champions tools and technologies that support the organization’s ability to ensure enterprise data controls.
What you'll bring to the table
• Postgraduate degree in Health Administration, or a health discipline, or related field. Training in quantitative analysis and/or information management is an asset. An equivalent combination of related education and experience will be considered.
• Progressive senior management experience in information systems development, analytics, management and project management.
• Experience working successfully across diverse teams, convening stakeholders, partners and clients to facilitate inclusive dialogue and problem resolution to identify and achieve common goals.
• Experience developing strategies and successfully delivering business transformation and change in products and processes.
• Knowledge of key standards and terminologies, data holdings and information at CIHI and other related sources.
• Knowledge of health sector issues and challenges, as well as the organization and delivery of health services in Canada.
• Experience using clinical, financial or statistical data for policy development, planning, management, and evaluation purposes.
• Knowledge of data governance principles and best practices, including data de-identification.
• Fluency in English is required, bilingualism is an asset.
Ability to meet travel requirements within Canada.
Problem Solving and decision making
To find out more about this role and other exciting opportunities visit our website at www.cihi.ca and check out our 'Careers' section.
We thank all those who apply, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Vaccination remains the most effective tool to reduce the risk of COVID-19. CIHI is committed to ensuring the health and safety of our employees in the workplace, and therefore CIHI requires proof of vaccination for all of our employees unless a valid accommodation under legislation exists.
At CIHI we are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. Part of this commitment includes arranging accommodations to ensure an equitable opportunity to participate in the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.