The Daniels Corporation builds with a passion for creating vibrant communities in every sense of the word. Daniels looks beyond the bricks and mortar, including social, cultural and economic infrastructures that will create a unique sense of place. This commitment has been an integral part of Daniels’ corporate philosophy for over 37 years. Daniels has built more than 35,000 award-winning homes and apartments, master-planned mixed-use communities, and commercial and retail spaces, and has earned its standing as one of Canada’s largest and preeminent builder/developers.
The Daniels Corporation is actively searching for a full-time Design Coordinator at the downtown Toronto office. Reporting to the Director, Design + Architecture, the role will support the design efforts on all new and active projects and ensure spaces are designed to fulfill the project vision.
- Assist with coordinating the design of the project from initial due diligence and feasibility stage through acquisition, site studies, concept design, entitlement approvals, construction drawings, permitting, construction and close out.
- Support the design of projects to align with financial, social impact and environmental aspirations.
- Coordinate meetings with relevant team members to develop project vision.
- Assist with coordinating the design and consultant team across multiple design disciplines.
- Work with Development, Estimating, Construction and external consultant teams to design the project within the approved budget and in accordance with the project vision.
- Provide secondary assistance around consultant selection, preparation of requests for proposals and project background packages, circulation, and comparisons of proposals to assist design team with selection.
- Assist the Development and Estimating Teams with coordinating drawings for building permit and tender processes, respectively.
- Play an active role during the Schematic Design and Design Development Phases, and assistance with internal efforts tied to the project/sales launch process.
- Coordinate with Marketing team to support project-specific marketing activities prior to launch.
- Assist with leading the design process for residential suites, building lobbies, amenities, and common areas, with relevant tie into marketing merchandising and critical path.
- Work in concert with the Décor Team on various projects and design standards.
- Provide secondary assistance around developing and implementing corporate sustainability mandates, and assist the Director, Design + Architecture with studying and assessing new construction methodologies, industry trends, new products, and design features for all tenures.
- Prepare agendas and necessary collateral in advance of project meetings and presentations.
- Assist with management of design schedule, budget-related items, contracts/ASRs, and assists in reporting duties. External Relationships
- Assist in evaluating architectural and engineering consultants' performance to expected results.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with consultants and contractors.
- Post-secondary Degree or Diploma in Interior Design, Architecture or Construction Technology
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years of experience in development of residential or mixed-use projects
- Ability to read and understand drawings, specifications, and construction documents
- Knowledge of the development and construction process
- Exceptional critical thinking, time management, prioritization, and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- High sense of urgency and great attention to detail
- Able to work independently in accordance with tight timelines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable working in cross-functional teams
- Working knowledge of Auto CAD, Sketch-Up or Revit
If you are interested in this position, or know of someone who is interested, please forward a current resume and cover letter to Denise Plamenco, Generalist, People and Culture, at email@example.com by January 28, 2022.
As an employer committed to employment equity and accessibility for persons with disabilities, we encourage applications from members of equity-deserving communities including women,
BIPOC/racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities/expressions. We encourage members of all equity-deserving groups to self-identify within their cover letter should they wish to do so. When a candidate voluntarily discloses this information in their cover letter, the information will be kept strictly confidential. Disclosure and/or self- identification with an equity-deserving group will not lead to advantageous treatment of a candidate who is not qualified. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.