Director, Pay and Benefits Support Branch
4 days left
- Contract Type
Ministry of Government and Consumer Services
Ontario Shared Services (OSS) needs your expertise, leadership and commitment to client service to continue to modernize pay and benefits services and systems for the Ontario Public Service (OPS).
Consider this exciting opportunity as the Director, Pay and Benefits Support Branch in the Pay and Benefits Services Division to showcase your transformational leadership expertise. As a senior leader working closely with partners in OSS and across the OPS, we are seeking a leader with a passion for service delivery excellence.
OSS is an organization in the Ministry of Government and Consumer Services, comprised of five divisions providing ministries with procurement, finance, human resources, pay and benefits and a wide variety of common business services. OSS has proven the value of the shared service model by generating efficiencies and savings, reducing duplication of services, and enabling clients to focus on their core business.
The Pay and Benefits Support Branch maintains the Ontario government’s Human Resources (HR) and payroll application, implements legislated and policy system changes, manages incidents and is responsible for quality assurance and performance monitoring. The branch produces, supports, and reconciles the biweekly payroll for OPS employees, including processing third party payments.
An effective leader in the Ontario Public Service (OPS) is responsible, innovative, and collaborative. A responsible leader is someone who demonstrates authenticity, accountability, and courage in how they interact with others. An individual who models ethical behavior, and who is honest and capable of making difficult choices. An innovative leader is someone who leads with common purpose, embraces positive disruption, and has a future mindset. An individual who inspires others, values continuous learning, and encourages development and integration. A collaborative leader focuses on helping others to grow, drives people-centered outcomes and promotes an environment of inclusivity. A leader who consistently works to confront bias and systemic barriers while understanding the importance of creating a more diverse and accessible workplace.
Diversity, Inclusion, Accessibility and Anti-Racism
The OPS is an innovative, responsive, and accountable public service that works hard to be diverse, anti-racist, inclusive, merit-based, and equitable. Diversifying leadership teams is a top OPS priority with the goal to achieve parity with the Ontario labour force by 2025 for the most underrepresented groups (Indigenous, racialized and persons with disabilities) in leadership positions. To advance this goal, the OPS is collecting socio-demographic information that will help to address potential barriers and achieve equity in hiring.
You are invited to complete the voluntary survey and contribute to building a more diverse, inclusive and accessible OPS. If you have completed the survey since September 28th, 2020, you do not need to complete it again unless you would like to change your responses or consent. The OPS is an accessible employer and offers accommodation in all aspects of employment, including the recruitment process.
What can I expect to do in this role?
The Director, Pay and Benefits Support is responsible for leading the delivery of support services in a division that provides pay and benefits services to approximately 63,000 OPS employees and remittances to more than 1,300 third party organizations. In this role you will:
- Provide strategic leadership to ensure support for the division’s business and implementation of new initiatives including audit and business process support, a quality management strategy, and payroll financial control for the OPS.
- Lead the identification of changes required to the Workforce Information Network (WIN) – an Oracle PeopleSoft application, to process compensation changes pertaining to the delivery of payroll services.
- Support the delivery of pay and benefit services through the collaborative management and operation of the corporate WIN system.
- Direct the assessment of resource and competency requirements, ensuring continuous business improvements, and developing strategies to transform and align service delivery with changing priorities.
- Collaborate and build strong relationships and communicate effectively with stakeholders, clients and partners.
- Create and promote an engaged workforce in a team environment and client-centred service culture.
- Direct and manage the branch’s human and financial resources.
How do I qualify?
- You communicate the vision and model the values of the organization, gaining consensus and motivating people into action aligned with the goals of the organization.
- You demonstrate transformational leadership that is client focused and committed to continuous improvement, providing direction and support to managers and staff in support of the evolution of OSS.
- You have experience leading multi-functional teams of managers, professionals, and front-line employees to bring a broad perspective of knowledge to benefit service delivery for clients.
- You are an inclusive and inspiring leader and can leverage and build the skills and experiences of a diverse group of staff to produce optimal results.
- You have built high performance teams in a values-based culture, engaging staff and fostering inclusion.
- You challenge the status quo and continuously improve and develop innovative strategies for existing programs and service delivery.
- You have had success using technology to enable business process changes and service delivery improvements.
- You have demonstrated experience in conceptualizing and delivering multi-year strategic plans.
- You have transformed business processes resulting in positive and productive operations and implemented performance measurement frameworks.
- You have in depth knowledge and experience in the areas of operational performance measurement, process improvement and the application of technology.
- You can interpret concepts and principles to make informed decisions and can communicate these effectively to decision-makers and stakeholders.
Relationship and Client Service Focused:
- You are an influential communicator who builds successful relationships with individuals, staff, teams, stakeholders, and partners to effectively improve client satisfaction and contribute towards business goals.
- You have anticipated and responded to the needs of customers/ clients establishing roles, responsibilities, and accountabilities in complex relationships.
- You are a demonstrated problem solver who provides timely advice and direction on complex issues.
- You have proven political acuity and ability to manage potentially contentious issues.
- You have strong persuasive, negotiating and influencing skills to achieve consensus, build support and articulate decisions.
Salary Range: $130,930 - $175,070 per year
Job Term: 1 Permanent
Please apply online, only, by Thursday, January 20, 2022, by visiting http://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/Preview.aspx?Language=English&JobID=174897. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact the Executive Talent Search Unit at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.