COORDINATED ACCESS & ASSESSMENT MANAGER
Job ID: 4131
Location: VANCOUVER, BC
To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
- Join one of BC’s Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
Our mission is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they’ve helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they’re here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees’ current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status **
COORDINATED ACCESS & ASSESSMENT MANAGER:
The Coordinated Access & Assessment Manager is responsible for the implementation and ongoing oversight of the Coordinated Access and Assessment initiative within the region or assigned area of the province by providing collaborative leadership to multiple community partners and stakeholders in housing individuals who are homeless or experiencing chronic homelessness and those with multiple barriers in appropriate placements along the housing continuum. He/she/they provide leadership and advice as a resource for all partners involved in providing services and housing to a vulnerable population in multiple communities within the region/area, with a focus on supportive housing programs.
The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Undergraduate degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, Social Work, Community Planning or other relevant discipline, including university level courses in social service delivery, business/partnership development and community relations
- Considerable experience at the community level in building relationships and providing leadership to partners and stakeholders in housing the homeless or other diverse populations with complex social, health care and/or behavioural issues. Considerable experience in leading the implementation of housing related programs, identifying training needs and providing oversight to regional and stakeholder resources supporting program operation/delivery.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the Employer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Considerable knowledge of the different types of mental health and/or addiction housing models
- Sound knowledge of BC Housing’s programs and services relating to homelessness
- Sound knowledge of current social issues including homelessness, mental illness and drug addiction, domestic violence, child protection and ageing
- Sound knowledge and awareness of Housing First principles
- Sound knowledge of government and non-profit agencies in the communities served, and the role of community health resources and other social services
- Effective negotiation, conflict resolution, problem solving and consensus building skills
- Effective planning, organizational and time management skills
- Effective leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to establish and maintain constructive working relationships with housing providers, service providers, sector organizations, community groups, and government agencies and provide leadership in the resolution of issues
- Ability to effectively learn and provide training on related assessment tools and program policies
- Ability to effectively present program information, deliver training and provide consultation services and crisis intervention
- Ability to independently plan, organize, and adapt to a changing workload
- Ability to lead, coach and motivate staff in a team setting.
- Proficient in the use of computer applications and software including MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to travel and work periodic evenings. For positions outside of the Lower Mainland, extensive travel required. Valid BC Driver’s License.
- A criminal record check is required.
As part of our commitment to maintaining safe and healthy spaces, BC Housing has introduced an interim mandatory vaccination program for all employees. We require proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Individuals who cannot be vaccinated for reasons related to a protected ground under human rights law (such as medical issues or sincerely held religious beliefs) may request an accommodation. Upon receiving a request, we may request additional information to determine whether the applicant can be accommodated in the desired role without undue hardship.
Successful applicants will be required to verify ability to travel under federal travel restrictions.
How to Apply:
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Your cover letter and resume should be submitted as one document in your profile when applying for this position. Please add your cover letter to your resume and submit both documents as your resume.
Please review the Job Description prior to applying
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to fill out a questionnaire which must be completed in order for your application to be considered. Please allot up to 5 minutes to fill it out after submitting your resume and cover letter as one single document.
Only applications submitted using the Online Recruitment System at www.bchousing.org/careers will be accepted
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
At BC Housing, we're committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We invite and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, People with Disabilities and Disabled People, persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you require accommodations at any point during the application and hiring process, please contact email@example.com.
We didn’t become one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.
Apply Now: www.bchousing.org/careers