We offer a dynamic positive team environment, that is focused on improvement and supporting our members - the teachers of Ontario. In this role, within the Employer Reporting (ER) Department, you will analyze and ensure data received from member employers and other third-party organizations used in the calculation of benefits is accurate, reliable and aligned with OTPP’s policies. As a Member Data Specialist Trainee, you will have the opportunity to apply your superior analytical skills and build strong working relationships across Member Services and with employers across the province, including our many First Nations employers.
Who you’ll work with
As part of the Employer Reporting (ER) Department, you will work on a self-directed Member Data Service (MDS) team. The MDS team has a strong partnership with our client facing, Client Services team, and share common goals and values in providing superior member experiences to the teachers of Ontario.
What you’ll do
- You will have the opportunity to learn all about pensions and provide support to our partners in Member Services that result in positive member experiences! Your analysis of data at a macro and micro level will ensure accurate and reliable calculations of benefits to Ontario’s Teachers.
Under the direction of a Senior and/or Team Coordinator:
- Assist employers in validating their data and support their understanding of the appropriate criteria regarding eligibility, contribution calculations, enrollment, remittance deadlines, reporting and interest calculations
- Ensure validation of service and contributions
- Maintain positive internal and external relationships
- Provide solutions to service barriers in accordance to service-level agreements with Member Services
- Apply sound judgment to data differences from established data acceptance standards
- Share decision making logic
- Determine sources for discrepancies between data and systems issues
- Verify a range of member payroll and service data for completeness and accuracy
- Analyze member service records to resolve discrepancies
- Reconcile financial data from school board data submissions
- Ensure proper billing information for payment and calculation of interests
- Following up on information requests which range from hotline, phone and website inquiries Perform other related duties as assigned
What you’ll need
- Post-secondary education or relevant work experience
- Experience in utilizing office tools and systems required for analysis and validation
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to identify and resolve a range of data and reporting discrepancies
- Experience in time management and multi-tasking
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Outstanding communication skills
- Knowledge of Indigenous culture is an asset
What we’re offering
- Competitive compensation
- Numerous opportunities for professional growth and development
- A flexible/hybrid work environment combining in office collaboration and remote working
At Ontario Teachers', we are a globally minded organization and take pride ensuring that the people we hire and the culture we create reflects and celebrates diversity of thought, background and experience. Through our Inclusion & Diversity Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) events, celebrations , we offer a variety of opportunities for colleagues to connect for the purposes of professional development and networking & mentoring.
Accommodations are available upon request (email@example.com) for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.
How to apply
Are you ready to pursue new challenges and take your career to the next level? Apply today!
Note that all individuals employed by Ontario Teachers’ in our Toronto office will be required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. We remain committed to an accessible, inclusive and barrier free workplace; written requests for a human rights-based exemption from vaccination will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in the country where this role is located.