PROJECT ADMINISTRATOR – CONSTRUCTION
The Daniels Corporation builds with a passion for creating vibrant communities in every sense of the word. Daniels looks beyond the bricks and mortar, including social, cultural and economic infrastructures that will create a unique sense of place. This commitment has been an integral part of Daniels’ corporate philosophy for over 37 years. Daniels has built more than 35,000 award-winning homes and apartments, master-planned mixed-use communities, and commercial and retail spaces, and has earned its standing as one of Canada’s largest and preeminent builder/developers.
The Daniels Corporation is actively searching for a Project Administrator for the Construction department. This role is responsible for providing support to a team of Estimators, Project Managers, and Site Personnel. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated with a keen desire to learn and expand their knowledge of the construction process.
• Assist the Estimating team with budgeting, tendering, and contracting process
• Distribute, log and file Change Orders, Site Instructions, Shop Drawings, and Purchase Orders as directed by the Project Managers
• Coordinate meetings as requested
• Assist in the preparation of monthly Management Reports
• Coordinate the distribution of drawings to trades and consultants
• Some data entry into Newstar accounting system
• Maintain organized project filing system
• Assist other administrative staff as required
• Perform health and safety rep duties for small office
• Order supplies for office and arrange for maintenance as required
• Maintain and control fob access and security codes for small office
• Other office coordinator duties as required
• High school diploma
• 2 – 3 years of administrative support in the Construction industry mandatory
• Completion of post-secondary office administration program is an asset
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, with strong Word and Excel
• Knowledge of Adobe Acrobat Pro is an asset
• Highly organized and able to prioritize a multitude of tasks
• Ability to take initiative and follow up on outstanding items without being asked • Strong time management and communication skills
• Ability to work as a team is essential
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to Denise Plamenco, Generalist, People and Culture at email@example.com by April 22, 2022.
As an employer committed to employment equity and accessibility for persons with disabilities, we encourage applications from members of equity-deserving communities including women, BIPOC/racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities/expressions. We encourage members of all equity-deserving groups to self-identify within their cover letter should they wish to do so. When a candidate voluntarily discloses this information in their cover letter, the information will be kept strictly confidential. Disclosure and/or self- identification with an equity-deserving group will not lead to advantageous treatment of a candidate who is not qualified. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted