The Daniels Corporation builds with a passion for creating vibrant communities in every sense of the word. Daniels looks beyond the bricks and mortar, including social, cultural and economic infrastructures that will create a unique sense of place. This commitment has been an integral part of Daniels’ corporate philosophy for over 37 years. Daniels has built more than 35,000 award-winning homes and apartments, master-planned mixed-use communities, and commercial and retail spaces, and has earned its standing as one of Canada’s largest and preeminent builder/developers.
The Daniels Corporation is actively searching for a full-time Design Manager to join the Design + Architecture team at the Toronto office. Reporting to the Director, Design + Architecture, the role will support the design efforts on all new and active projects and ensure spaces are designed to fulfill the project vision.
• Take lead in advancing and actively managing several corporate design-related initiatives, and bring diligence and rigor the process of implementation with internal departments and external consultants/disciplines
• Work in concert with the Décor Team on various projects and design standards
• Play an active role during the Schematic Design and Design Development phases and assist with internal efforts tied to the project/sales launch process.
• Provide secondary assistance around consultant selection, preparation of requests for proposals and project background packages, circulation, and comparisons of proposals to assist design team with selection
• Assist with coordinating the design of the project from initial due diligence and feasibility stage through acquisition, site studies, concept design, entitlement approvals, construction drawings, permitting, construction and close out.
• Support the design of projects to align with financial, social impact and sustainability aspirations.
• Assist with coordinating the design and consultant team across multiple design disciplines, with focus on critical project milestones
• Work with development, estimating, construction and external consultant team to design the project within the approved budget and in accordance with the project vision.
• Assist the development and estimating team with coordinating drawings for site plan/building permit and tender processes, respectively
• Assist with the management of project statistics and act as a conduit to the Investments Team to ensure project alignment with financial modelling
• Assist with leading the design process for residential suites, building lobbies, amenities, and common areas, with relevant tie into marketing/merchandising and critical path
• Assist the Director, Design + Architecture with studying and assessing new construction methodologies, industry trends, new products and design features for all tenures
• Post-secondary Degree or Diploma in Architecture, Planning or Construction Technology
• Minimum of 3 – 5 years of experience in development of residential or mixed-use projects
• Ability to read and understand drawings, specifications, and construction documents
• Knowledge of the development and construction process • Exceptional critical thinking, time management, prioritization, and organizational skills
• Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
• High sense of urgency and great attention to detail
• Able to work independently in accordance with tight timelines
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Comfortable working in cross-functional teams
If you are interested in this position, or know of someone who is interested, please forward a current resume to Denise Plamenco, Manager, People and Culture, at email@example.com by April 22, 2022
As an employer committed to employment equity and accessibility for persons with disabilities, we encourage applications from members of equity-deserving communities including women, BIPOC/racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities/expressions. We encourage members of all equity-deserving groups to self-identify within their cover letter should they wish to do so. When a candidate voluntarily discloses this information in their cover letter, the information will be kept strictly confidential. Disclosure and/or self- identification with an equity-deserving group will not lead to advantageous treatment of a candidate who is not qualified. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted