As the Human Resources Operations Manager, you will provide operational and strategic support in the areas of compensation, policy compliance and development, HR metrics and reporting, and overall people processes to meet team needs of the Vector Institute. You will proactively research and develop HR programs that will enhance employee experience, maintain compliance, and drive organizational health by fostering a culture of inclusion, collaboration, transparency, integrity, and respect.
- Act as the lead for all HR related people processes including the execution, maintenance, ongoing compliance and continuous improvements;
- Lead in the execution of the bi-annual employee engagement survey including survey administration and implementation;
- Maintain accurate and complete HR-related payroll records and reports (i.e., data related to new hires, status changes, salary changes, and time-off) and share these with the Finance team on a bi-weekly basis;
- Maintain, recommend and draft impactful human resources and other corporate policies as needed including the execution of an annual policy review exercise;
- In partnership with the Director and HRBP, support the development of annual HR strategic objectives and business plans designed to support broader organizational objectives;
- Measure and report all HR metrics including report preparations for Senior Staff, HRCC and Board meetings;
- Under the guidance of HR Director, research, recommend and develop HR programs in alignment with Vector’s strategic priorities and employee engagement initiatives. E.g. EDI initiatives, benefit programs, reward and recognition;
- Support all employees and associated processes including but not limited, employment contracts, vacation compliance, performance management, and corporate tracking and reporting;
- Lead all compensation processes including administration and external benchmarking of salary data, salary budget tracking, annual merit/incentive review process and payroll administration;
- Champion and/or participate in key HR projects and initiatives in support of Vector’s vision, mission, strategy and culture; E.g. Automation of Compliance Training, HRIS upgrades and conversions, etc;
- Sit as a member of the Vector Institute Joint Health and Safety Committee and Business Continuity Committee, taking a leadership role in ensuring the execution of committee initiatives; and,
- Other related duties as assigned.
KEY SUCCESS MEASURES
- People processes at Vector run smoothly, accurately and error free;
- Vector maintains legislative compliance with its employment policies and programs;
- HR Metrics are measured, tracked and reported accurately;
- Key HR projects and initiatives are well planned, communicated, and executed;
- Vector’s compensation and salary data is accurate and aligned with Vector’s compensation programs, philosophy and polices;
- Accurate and complete documentation and reports are provided to external and internal departments and agencies as required (e.g., AODA, Benefits Administration, HRCC)
PROFILE OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Individual is a graduate from an HR post-grad diploma programme or holds an undergraduate degree in a related field;
- Individual has 3+ years of relevant HR operations and or management experience in complex, intellectually challenging, and fast-paced, high-growth organizations;
- Individual has a demonstrated ability to manage a broad portfolio of HR responsibilities spanning a variety of HR functional areas, including Compensation and Benefits Administration, Diversity and Inclusion, Policy and Program Design and HRIS Administration in an organized manner, while maintaining a calm, professional demeanour;
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, human rights, accessibility, and equity;
- Individual has highly effective client and candidate relationship management skills, working with stakeholders ranging from Executives to employees and world-class faculty and students;
- Experience planning and executing complex projects that requires managing a broad range of stakeholders;
- Individual is accurate and has highly developed and effective written and verbal communication skills; and,
- Individual is passionate about finding, successfully attracting and developing great talent for Vector and in contributing to Vector’s success in achieving its mission and strategic objectives.
HOW TO APPLY
Please address applications (cover letter and resume) to Kailyn Burke, HR Business Partner, using the link provided. The deadline for submission is May 12, 2022.
At the Vector Institute we are committed to driving excellence and leadership in Canada’s knowledge, creation, and use of AI to foster economic growth and improve the lives of Canadians. We strive for greater inclusion in the programs and culture that we build by welcoming and encouraging applications from all qualified candidates. This includes but is not limited to applicants who are indigenous, LGBT2Q+, racialized persons/visible minorities, women, and people with disabilities.
If you require an accommodation at any point throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact email@example.com and we will happily work with you to meet your needs.