Are you a strategic thinker and collaborative problem-solver with the necessary big picture thinking and analytical skills to assist, and advise on, strategic management approaches and recommendations for continuous improvement in an IT organization? If so, consider this position with the Treasury Board Secretariat, Central Agencies I&IT Cluster, where you will exercise your excellent strategic, analytical, communication and project management skills to lead key portfolios such as the division's Multi-year Planning (MyP) submission, strategic and operational plans, and Treasury Board (TB) submissions.
Note: These positions are located at 222 Jarvis Street, Toronto or 33 King Street West, Oshawa; however, alternate work arrangements, including flexible hours, hybrid remote work, and a compressed work week, may be available.
What can I expect to do in this role?
• Lead the development of multi-year strategic, business and operational IT plans.
• Act as a subject matter expert, providing analysis, interpretation, advice and recommendations on IT strategic planning and on development of performance criteria.
• Develop strategic planning resource material for use throughout the Cluster.
• Lead the development of in-year Treasury Board submissions, report-backs and business cases.
• Lead and manage the I&IT planning processes, including multi-year strategic, business and operational plans, analysis and interpretation; and provide authoritative strategic information planning expertise, advice and solutions.
Location(s): Oshawa, Toronto
How do I qualify?
Fiscal planning and performance measurement knowledge:
• Experience developing multi-year strategic and operational plans.
• Knowledge of the fiscal planning cycle and how to navigate the process for TB/MBC (Management Board of Cabinet) Submissions.
• Proven planning and coordination skills to develop business cases, receive approvals, and perform ongoing monitoring and reporting of outcomes.
• Experience leading performance measurement activities, including developing effective qualitative and quantitative performance measures.
Project Management Skills:
• Demonstrated project management and organizational skills to coordinate and lead complex, concurrent projects and ensure tasks are performed within time and resource requirements.
• Experience leading meetings.
• Ability to identify and assess strategic directions, priorities, impacts of changes and decisions, options, efficiency and effectiveness.
• Problem-solving skills to develop risk mitigation strategies and solutions.
• Ability to think strategically to recognize emerging trends, understand client requirements/needs, and determine the best course of action.
Communication and Interpersonal Skills:
• Communication skills to prepare effective reports and documentation, and make presentations to senior management, clients and stakeholders.
• Interpersonal and networking skills to bridge the communication and experiential gaps between clients and technical staff.
• Consulting and influencing skills to anticipate and understand stakeholders' differing points of view and build support for recommendations.
OPS Commitment to diversity, inclusion, accessibility, and anti-racism:
We are committed to build a workforce that reflects the communities we serve and to promote a diverse, anti-racist, inclusive, accessible, merit-based, respectful and equitable workplace.
We invite all interested individuals to apply and encourage applications from people with disabilities, Indigenous, Black, and racialized individuals, as well as people from a diversity of ethnic and cultural origins, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
Visit the OPS Anti-Racism Policy and the OPS Diversity and Inclusion Blueprint pages to learn more about the OPS commitment to advance racial equity, accessibility, diversity, and inclusion in the public service.
We offer employment accommodation across the recruitment process and all aspects of employment consistent with the requirements of Ontario's Human Rights Code . Refer to the application instructions below if you require a disability-related accommodation.
Salary Range: $74,877 - $110,338 Per Year
- 2 Temporary, duration up to 18 months (with possible extension), 33 King St W, Oshawa, Central Region or 222 Jarvis St, Toronto, Toronto Region2 Permanent, 33 King St W, Oshawa, Central Region or 222 Jarvis St, Toronto, Toronto Region
- The information that you provide for the purpose of this competition and the results from this competition may be used to fill other positions. These positions may be of various tenures, including short-term assignments. Your information and the results from this competition will be retained for the purpose of filling vacancies in accordance with the applicable collective agreement or policy provisions.
Please apply online, only, at www.ontario.ca/careers, quoting Job ID 181565, by Tuesday, May 31, 2022. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.