Bilingual Membership Coordinator
- Annual Salary Starting at $45,000 - $52,000
- Fully remote, Full-time Permanent
- Extended health care, participation in CASC pension after one year
- Must be legally entitled to work in and be located in Canada
How to Apply
Please apply on our website.
Information you must provide:
- Your résumé.
- A cover letter (Maximum 3000 words)
- Contact information for 3 references.
Closing on: June 21, 2022
The Canadian Association of Science Centres (CASC) is a registered charity serving more than 70 member organizations in English and French. Our members include Science Centres, Museums, Planetariums, Aquariums, Zoos, Makerspaces and other informal science engagement organizations, industry supporters and individuals. We envision a thriving science and innovation culture of engaged citizens across Canada. Our mission is to empower a national network of organizations that champion Science and Innovation by making science approachable, relevant, and accessible. We do this by sharing inclusive best science engagement practices, cultivating an ecosystem approach, helping to scale innovative initiatives, and helping drive policy change to recognize and value the informal science learning and public engagement sector.
About the Role
CASC’s Bilingual Membership Coordinator is a critical member of the team, responsible for the sustainability, functionality and growth of the Association’s membership program. Working closely with the Executive Director and other colleagues, the CASC Board, and committee-level volunteers, the successful candidate will lead the membership program and coordinate engaging membership programs and events. This role works directly with the Executive Director in its governance of the association, including administration for Board and Committee meetings.
- Lead a data-driven membership strategy for the Association, including recruitment and retention, revenue generation, marketing, evaluation, reporting and professional development strategies to strengthen and grow CASC membership. Create marketing and communication plans geared to members and coordinate with professional translators, interpreters, and the communications team to create and disseminate compelling member communications. Function as the primary contact between the Association and its members. Coordinate Communities of Practice focused on distinct membership groups. Perform administrative activities for the CASC executive team
Experience and Skills
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills in English and French.
- Post-secondary diploma or degree or equivalent with a focus on marketing, communications, public relations, or similar.
- A minimum of two years of hands-on experience working in a customer-focused environment. Outstanding social and relationship management skills.
- Ability to apply diversity, inclusion, equity, and accessibility best practices in the workplace.
Extra points for:
- Event coordination experience
- Experience working with Board and committee-level volunteers
- Experience working at multi-stakeholder, not-for-profit organizations
Is this position for you?
We are seeking a self-motivated, detail-oriented person who has two or more years of experience in a customer-focused environment; is passionate about always delivering exceptional customer service, and believes strongly in science, Indigenous ways of knowing, and evidence-based decision-making. The ideal candidate will be comfortable and organized in a dynamic and fast-paced environment with several files on the go.
Annual salary, 3 weeks’ paid vacation, paid sick time, medical, vision, dental and wellness benefits. We also offer a flexible work environment that is solution-driven and encourages feedback at all levels. We value diversity, accountability, creativity and critical thinking.
Equity and Diversity
CASC is committed to ensuring that the association is an inclusive space where community members are treated with respect and dignity. CASC encourages applications from everyone, including but not limited to women, indigenous peoples, visible minorities, people with disabilities and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities. Anonymized applications are welcome and will be accepted.
Our commitment to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment starts with the hiring process. If you need to be accommodated during any phase of the interview process, please use the contact information below to request specialized accommodation. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
This is a salaried position based on a 7-hour workday, Monday-Friday, with occasional evening and weekend work; infrequent travel within Canada and the US is required.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working with us. Only those selected for an interview for this position will be contacted.