At SGI, we are focused on an exciting future involving growth, change and transformation. We are seeking a dynamic, energetic and passionate Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Specialist to join our HR department in Regina. This is an exceptional opportunity for a champion of diversity, equity and inclusion, and for someone who has a knack for strategic work and projects.
Reporting to the Director, Talent Acquisition, Diversity and Inclusion, you will have an active leadership role in supporting the development and driving the implementation of SGI’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) roadmap including leading corporate-wide strategies, programs and initiatives to advance our commitment to our employees. Acts as a strategic partner who works collaboratively with the business to drive and achieve DEI priorities and objectives.
Here's the impact you'll make and what we'll accomplish together:
- As a trusted business partner, you will help to identify and proposes strategies and actions to encourage leaders to adopt practices that promote openness and acceptance of diversity and that value equity and inclusion.
- As an SGI brand representative, you will develop and maintain external partnerships with post-secondary institutions, community groups, and networks to promote SGI as an employer of choice to assist in building a representative workforce.
- Stay abreast of DEI best practices and adapt them to SGI’s culture and business, and provide leadership, guidance, and support to SGI’s Employee Resource Groups.
- Research and develop frameworks, processes, programs and prepares recommendations to enhance DEI, candidate experience and image in the community as an employer of choice and to positively influence employer brand.
- Consults and provides expertise inside and outside the organization to positively influence DEI landscape and represent SGI on external DEI committees.
- Identifies and develops creative ways to measure and report on the impact of DE&I programs.
- Supports in drafting board and government request documents and reports related to DEI.
- Develops, organizes and delivers presentations on topics related to DEI.
This role is a great fit for individuals looking for their next challenge in implementing corporate wide change. In addition, the ideal candidate believes in the importance of collaboration and building relationships, is committed to outstanding service, knows what it means to have a growth-mindset, and leads by example by demonstrating accountability, change agility and excellence in leadership.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
Candidates must bring the education and experience to succeed in this unique opportunity. We are looking for candidates who have a four-year degree in a relevant field of study such as Business. A Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR) and the Canadian Certified Inclusion Professional (CCIP™) designations would be an asset. Candidates should have at least six years’ experience in HR consultation and leading HR projects with a focus on diversity, equity & inclusion. Must have a deep understanding of diversity, equity and inclusion principles and practices and demonstrated experience building collaboration and understanding resources across various cultural backgrounds and communities.
Because SGI is a great place to work. We value integrity, caring and innovation. We have an intentional culture that promotes trust and participation in a way that encourages employees to bring their hearts and minds to their work. Part of the SGI experience that our employees value most lies within the community comprised of their coworkers. The employee community isn’t the only reason our people stay at SGI; we also offer a wide range of benefits and invest in career development to meet the needs of our employees. We embrace diversity, recognizing and celebrating our differences and our similarities. Our careers are as diverse as our employees.
Ready to Apply?
Tell us why you’re the right fit for this role by submitting your cover letter and resume. Learn more about this job and how to green light your career at SGI by visiting www.sgi.sk.ca/careers.
Submit your application online by 11:59 p.m. on: July 4, 2022