Reporting to the Supervisor of Building Services and Operations - Custodial, the successful candidate will perform general caretaking/custodial duties
Hours of work will be from Wednesday to Sunday - 2:30 p.m. to 11:00 p.mDuties and Responsibilities
Skills and Qualifications
- Cleaning of floors, carpets, furniture, walls, windows and other areas as assigned
- Waste collection
- Maintenance of carpet and resilient flooring
- Employ effective and efficient methods to maintain sanitary conditions
- Set‑up and arrange furnishings and equipment
- Safe, economic use of cleaning materials
- Assist client departments in preparing for special events
- Conduct maintenance deficiency inspections
- Undertake minor building repairs and equipment repairs (buffers, burnishes, shampooers, extractors, vacuums and scrubbers)
- Move office furniture as required
- Efficiently use all types of caretaking equipment including buffers, strippers, sweepers and floor machines; use personal lifting devices for changing lights, banners etc.
- Respond to on‑site emergencies appropriately, (vandalism, fire alarms, etc.)
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum Grade 10 education with one to two years' experience in custodial field
- Ability to carry out minor building or equipment repairs, such changing vacuum bags/belts, replacing light bulbs
- Knowledgeable in the safe use of chemicals/cleaning products, familiar WHMIS and MSDS Sheets
- Must be able to communicate in English (written and verbally)
- Customer service focused to deal effectively with the public and internal clients
- Must be reliable, self‑motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Must be physically capable of carrying out the essential duties of the job; which involves some heavy lifting (up to 50 lbs.)
- Basic computer skills would be considered an asset
Hourly Rate/Salary:$ 20.60 - $ 24.96
Hours of Work:40
Work Location:Civic Centre
Organization Unit:CPS/Custodial Services - Civic
Department/Division/Section:CPS/Corporate Services Dept,CPS/Facil & Property Mgmt Div,Security Services & Civic Prec. Ops
Non-Union/Union: Aerospace - IAMACOVID-19 Update:
As per the City’s Employee Recruitment Policy, all external candidates (including previously employed individuals) must show their Fully Vaccinated Confirmation or apply for and receive confirmation of a creed or medical exemption from the City before their first day
A Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (Level 2) or Vulnerable Sector Check (Level 3) will be required of the successful candidate, at their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has notbeen granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. You can alsocheck your application status in your candidate profile online.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with theAccessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005and the OntarioHuman Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.