The Human Resources Coordinator (HRC) provides front line customer service and support for HR inquiries and programs to employees, leaders and external stakeholders of the organization. The HRC will report to the Manager, HR Service Hub and will be required to work in various shifts from 8.00 AM to 6.00 PM.Duties and Responsibilities
Skills and Qualifications
- Prepare and process employee letters and forms related to new hires, terminations, transfers, promotions, leaves of absence, salary adjustments, etc.
- Input data and maintaining integrity of employee information entered in SAP system
- Provide administrative support to departmental HR teams in their recruitment competitions and campaigns (job postings, interview scheduling, updating recruitment tracking system)
- Handle general HR inquiries related to corporate policies and procedures, employee benefits, leave plans, leave of absences, collective agreements, tuition reimbursement, recruitment, etc.
- Prepare HR related correspondences including but not limited to employment and salary verification letters, emails, recruitment status updates
- Maintain employee files, competition documentation and perform employee file reviews as requested
- Conduct maternity/parental leave of absence one-on-one information sessions
- Must maintain an awareness for current trends in Human Resources and keep up to date on applicable legislation and work place policies
- Provide back-up to other HR Coordinators in the unit
- Secondary school graduation required with additional post-secondary courses in Business Administration or Human Resources preferred
- Human Resources Management certification/diploma will be considered an asset
- Minimum one to three years of progressive human resources administrative experience
- Practical experience using HR systems. SAP and SuccessFactors would be considered an asset
- Intermediate to Advanced skill level using Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and use good judgement.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated customer service experience; previous experience responding to HR related inquiries is considered an asset May require some light lifting of supplies/materials.
Hourly Rate/Salary:$ 64,464.00 - $ 85,952.00
Hours of Work:35
Work Location:201 City Centre Drive
Department/Division/Section:CPS/Corporate Services Dept,CPS/HR Division,HR Systems & Support Services
Non-Union/Union: Non UnionCOVID-19 Update:
As per the City’s Employee Recruitment Policy, all external candidates (including previously employed individuals) must show their Fully Vaccinated Confirmation or apply for and receive confirmation of a creed or medical exemption from the City before their first day
A Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (Level 2) or Vulnerable Sector Check (Level 3) will be required of the successful candidate, at their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has notbeen granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. You can alsocheck your application status in your candidate profile online.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with theAccessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005and the OntarioHuman Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.