Love kids and being outdoors?Want to be a part of the school community?
A part time job for just a few hours of the day. Here's the opportunity for you! We are hiringCrossing Guards for various locations in Mississauga.Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Supervisor, Crossing Guards the successful candidate:
Skills and Qualifications
- Assists pedestrians in safely crossing roadways at designated school crossings
- Communicates rules of safe crossing to both students and adults
- Must ensure compliance to the Highway Traffic Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, and the City's Respectful Workplace Policy. etc.
- Must wear supplied safety clothing and use all safety equipment as per training by the Supervisor, Crossing guards and /or Team Leader, Crossing Guards and/or Field Leader/Crossing Guards.
- May assist in training other crossing guards if requested.
- Must report incidents at the crossing to the supervisor, following up with the school officials and/or Peel Regional Police as directed by Supervisor.
- Must be in good physical condition in order to be able to stand and walk holding a stop sign for up to one hour at a time in all weather conditions
- Must demonstrate good hearing and eyesight
- Should havegood interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be able to work independently without direct day to day supervision
- Must be available to work 3 shifts per day during the school year, at school entry, lunch and dismissal times as per the provided hours of duty
- You will be working 3 shifts consisting ofup to 3.5 hours a day, during an 8 hour window
Hourly Rate/Salary:$ 16.41 - $ 17.28
Hours of Work:upto 17.5 hours /week
Work Location: Various
Department/Division/Section:T&W/Transportation&Works Dept,T&W/Traffic Mgt & Municipal Parking Div,Traffic Services & Road Safety
Non-Union/Union: Non UnionCOVID-19 Update:
As per the City’s Employee Recruitment Policy, all external candidates (including previously employed individuals) must show their Fully Vaccinated Confirmation or apply for and receive confirmation of a creed or medical exemption from the City before their first day
A Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (Level 2) or Vulnerable Sector Check (Level 3) will be required of the successful candidate, at their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has notbeen granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. You can alsocheck your application status in your candidate profile online.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with theAccessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005and the OntarioHuman Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.