Project Managers who are seeking for an exciting and fulfilling role in a rewarding and growth enticing organization, look no further !
Under the direction of the Senior Project Manager the successful candidate will plan and manage construction projects from conceptual design to commissioning and turnover.
If this sounds like you, strong Engineering background in Mechanical, Electrical, Structural or Architecture with robust project management experience.Duties and Responsibilities
Skills and Qualifications
- Preparation and administration of design contracts
- Provision of direction to consultants of all disciplines
- Development of project implementation schedules, liaison with clients and authorities with jurisdiction
- Development and preparation of construction budgets,
- Review of drawings and specifications, development of construction contracts, construction supervision, project financial management, project commissioning and collaboration with other divisional staff.
- Provides direction to consultants of all disciplines to ensure that all projects are completed on time, within the approved budget and specifications and that construction practices comply with safety guidelines for construction projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Registered as a Professional Engineer with the Ontario Association of Professional Engineers of Ontario with a mechanical, electrical or structural degree or a licensed Architect registered with Ontario Association of Architects specializing in mechanical and/or electrical design including HVAC systems, fire protection, plumbing, controls, energy management concepts, electrical systems, fire alarm systems, power and electrical systems, etc. with a minimum of 10 years proven successful and progressive experience in building design and construction. (Equivalent experience will be considered in lieu of educational requirements)
- LEED and PMP designations are preferred.
- Experience in managing multiple large construction contracts (over $10M in value) involving consultants, construction firms and general contractors.
- Solid background in preparing and administering consulting and construction agreements.
- Must be able to read and interpret drawings and specifications and have strong trouble shooting and problem solving skills.
- Knowledgeable of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, NFPA, ASHRAE, Fire Code, OBC, TSSA, Electrical Code as it applies to construction projects.
- Excellent time management skills in managing workload and work schedules.
- Experience in planning, developing and delivering complex, multi-phase projects as well as lifecycle and renovation projects in a municipal environment.
- Basic accounting and financial management skills pertaining to projects.
- Solid writing and presentation skills.
- Strong inter-personal skills and the ability to negotiate effectively.
- Commitment to working in a team-based environment with a focus on continuous improvement and quality customer service.
Hourly Rate/Salary:$ 107,014.00 - $ 142,686.00
Hours of Work:35
Work Location:950 Burnhamthorpe Rd W
Department/Division/Section:CPS/Corporate Services Dept,CPS/Facil & Property Mgmt Div,Capital Design and Construction
Non-Union/Union: Non UnionCOVID-19 Update:
As per the City’s Employee Recruitment Policy, all external candidates (including previously employed individuals) must show their Fully Vaccinated Confirmation or apply for and receive confirmation of a creed or medical exemption from the City before their first day
A Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (Level 2) or Vulnerable Sector Check (Level 3) will be required of the successful candidate, at their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has notbeen granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. You can alsocheck your application status in your candidate profile online.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with theAccessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005and the OntarioHuman Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.