Provide daily operating, maintenance and cleaning services as required at the facility. Direct the work of part-time staff when acting as Manager on Duty. Maintain safety standards as they relate to both the public and fellow employees. Assist facility patrons and user groups as required.Duties and Responsibilities
Skills and Qualifications
- Communicate with the public as a representative of the City and the facility.
- Perform building repairs, (carpentry, plumbing and mechanical), and specialized ice maintenance duties at facilities with rink (installing and taking out ice, floods, chipping, drawing of lines, etc.).
- May perform specialized pool maintenance duties at facilities with pools.
- Maintain records and log books.
- Maintain safety standards/adhere to WHMIS requirements.
- Assume responsibility of Community Centre / Arena when on Manager on Duty shift, by directing and assisting part-time employees.
- Distribute cash floats and tickets from the safe to designated employees, collect and secure floats, tickets and other monies as per cash handling policy.
- Set up and remove tables and equipment, perform building and floor maintenance duties, and ensure facility remains on schedule.
- Ensure City by-laws and regs are adhered to, (e.g. no smoking areas, proper parking, alcohol regs are followed, etc.).
- Assign duties to Facility Operation II, part-time and community workers as needed.
- Emergency response to injuries, power outages, fire alarms, fights, arguments, (may require investigation and interviewing of witnesses, completing accident report).
- Train on all facility equipment, including ice resurfacer at facilities with ice.
- Secondary school or equivalent.
- Experience with pool operations, ice resurfacers, BAS (Building Automation Systems) and HVAC (Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning).
- Possession of a “B” (Refrigeration Operator Class B) ticket is required to work at “registered plant facilities” deemed by the province of Ontario.
- Basic Refrigeration certification is required at all facilities with ice surfaces that are “non-registered plant facilities”.
- CIT (Certified Ice Technician) certification is required at all facilities with ice surfaces.
- CPO (Certified Pool Operator) certificate is required to work at facilities that have a pool or water related attractions.
- Able to carry out carpentry, electrical, plumbing and mechanical repairs.
- Standard First Aid & CPR C qualification.
- Compliance with FOTD (Facility Operations Training & Development) training standards.
- Valid Ontario “G” class driver’s license.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and City software.
- Heavy lifting and setup of program equipment (50+ lbs). Operating large equipment and City vehicles.
- Feel and fine motor skills required to skilfully operate small and large facility equipment. Primarily community centre and arena environments.
Hourly Rate/Salary:$ 64,464.00 - $ 85,952.00
Hours of Work:40
Department/Division/Section:CMS/Community Services Dept,CMS/Recreation Division,
Non-Union/Union: Non UnionCOVID-19 Update:
As per the City’s Employee Recruitment Policy, all external candidates (including previously employed individuals) must show their Fully Vaccinated Confirmation or apply for and receive confirmation of a creed or medical exemption from the City before their first day
A Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (Level 2) or Vulnerable Sector Check (Level 3) will be required of the successful candidate, at their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has notbeen granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. You can alsocheck your application status in your candidate profile online.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with theAccessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005and the OntarioHuman Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.