Assist in the daily operation of the Golf Pro Shop, processing of green fees and merchandise sold, booking tee times, and housekeeping of the pro shop.Duties and Responsibilities
Skills and Qualifications
- Register all sales transactions with accuracy.
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service on an ongoing basis.
- Resolve customer concerns.
- Balance daily cash out receipts in accordance to corporate cash handing procedures at the conclusion of each shift.
- Responsible for the opening / closing and security of the golf course facility.
- Ensure pro shop is clean and organized at all times.
- Answering of telephones for tee time bookings.
- Assist with administrative tasks as required.
- Keep the Shift Supervisor and/or Coordinator informed of any incidents or concerns as related to staff and services provided.
- Ensure compliance to Policies and Policies and Standard Operating Practices.
- Complete all mandatory online e-Learning modules.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Candidate must be highly motivated, enthusiastic, and excel in public relations and organizational skills.
- Point of Sale experience in a retail operation is a definite asset.
- Must be able to handle a variety of responsibilities relating to golf operations.
- Must be able to work independently and provide leadership in a team environment.
- Customer service driven.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age and possess a valid Driver’s Licence.
- Must be able to work weekday, weekends, holidays and a variety of early morning, and late evening shifts.
- Smart Serve and Emergency First Aid Certification (CPR B) is required.
- Experience in golf and or recreation is an asset.
- Assist with Tournament set-ups daily, which may include lifting of up to 55lbs.
Hourly Rate/Salary:$16.61 to $19.83
Hours of Work:Up to 40 hours per week
Work Location:Brae Ben Golf Course
Department/Division/Section:CMS/Community Services Dept,CMS/Recreation Division,North District
Non-Union/Union: Non UnionCOVID-19 Update:
As per the City’s Employee and Volunteer COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, all external candidates (including previously employed individuals) must show their Fully Vaccinated Confirmation or apply for and receive confirmation of a creed or medical exemption from the City before their first day
A Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (Level 2) or Vulnerable Sector Check (Level 3) will be required of the successful candidate, at their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has notbeen granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. You can alsocheck your application status in your candidate profile online.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with theAccessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005and the OntarioHuman Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.