Come and enjoy the outdoors this summer as you work at Mississauga's very own lush and green Golf Course! Perform duties related to daily golf operations which include but are not limited to; power cart staging and storage, on-course pace of play supervision, and driving range maintenance.Duties and Responsibilities
Skills and Qualifications
- Staging, cleaning and end of day storage of power carts
- Maintaining golf course pace of play and addressing on course customer concerns
- Assist with daily setup and operation of golf tournaments and events
- Assist with maintaining facility cleanliness
- Daily picking of driving range and allocation of balls to the public and instructional ends of the range (Braeben only)
- Shuttle service to and from the range as required.
- A valid Driver’s licence is required
- Emergency First Aid / CPR “B” required.
- Must have a valid Driver's Licence.
- Quick thinker able to interact with the public in a courteous and professional manner
- Strong communication and organizational skills are required to coordinate power carts, driving range and bag drop services and make decisions on sensitive issues while enforcing golf course rules and regulations.
- Moderate physical work in a variety of weather conditions
- Primarily outdoor environment
Hours of Work:Up to 24 hours a week
Work Location:Brae Ben and Lakeview Golf Course
Department/Division/Section:CMS/Community Services Dept,CMS/Recreation Division,North District
Non-Union/Union: Non UnionCOVID-19 Update:
As per the City's Employee Recruitment Policy, all external candidates (including previously employed individuals) must show their Fully Vaccinated Confirmation or apply for and receive confirmation of a creed or medical exemption from the City before their first day.
A Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (Level 2) or Vulnerable Sector Check (Level 3) will be required of the successful candidate, at their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has notbeen granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. You can alsocheck your application status in your candidate profile online.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with theAccessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005and the OntarioHuman Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.