Vacancy Type: Permanent
Number of Positions:1
Closing Date:08/12/2022Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Manager, Rapid Transit (BRT) the successful candidate will be responsible for:
Skills and Qualifications
- Providing landscape architecture support for the development and delivery of the City of Mississauga’s Rapid Transit Program.
- Reviewing conceptual, preliminary and detailed design drawings and documents prepared by consultants and ProjectCo.
- Delivering the public realm/streetscape vision for Rapid Transit corridors through providing comments on the Project Specific Output Specifications (PSOS) and the Reference Concept Design (RCD), and coordinating comments from City streetscape stakeholders
- Providing and coordinating comments on the Design Excellence Document and Project Addendums
- Providing responses to the bidders Request For Information (RFIs) in a timely manner
- Participating in Commercial In Confidence and Evaluation Meetings with proponents, as required
- Reviewing PUCC applications and providing additional utility comments to safeguard and advocate for tree planting opportunities and other streetscape features
- Providing comments on development applications for co-ordination of Public Realm works
- Considering operational and maintenance aspects in developing/refining the vision and streetscape design
- Finding a balance between the infrastructure requirements of street trees, adjacent development, transit and active transportation infrastructure to create functional and attractive streetscapes.
- Working with a multi-disciplinary City team as well as external stakeholders that include the Region of Peel and public utility companies to develop a comprehensive approach to the City’s streetscape design.
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a University Graduate Degree from a recognized University Program in Landscape Architecture, with a minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible Design and Construction experience.
- Be a full member of, or eligible for full membership in the OALA.
- Experience in both private and public sector preferred.
- Excellent design, report writing, problem solving, time management and leadership skills.
- Strong knowledge of design and construction details and specifications related to public realm and streetscape design.
- Comprehensive understanding of construction methods and practices
- Excellent attention to detail, proven organizational and time management skills;
- Ability to negotiate/facilitate, build consensus and present information to varied audiences.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and sound file management skills is essential;
- A working knowledge of AutoCAD/MicroStation and other graphic applications (Photoshop, Illustrator and Sketch-Up) is an asset.
- Knowledge of Geomatics, coordinate-based design and Specialized Road Design Software (OpenRoads, Torus, Autoturn) is an asset
- Knowledge of applicable legislation and design standards including the Occupational Health and Safety Act, and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act is an asset
- An understanding of the workings of affected parties including but not limited to Utilities, Governmental Jurisdictions such as the Region of Peel, Conservation Authorities, and Provincial Authorities such as Metrolinx is an asset
- Must have the ability to travel between various sites and facilities located across the City of Mississauga. A valid Ontario Class G driver’s license is required to operate a City vehicle.
Hourly Rate/Salary:$ 83,485.00 - $ 111,315.00
Hours of Work:35
Work Location:201 City Centre Drive
Department/Division/Section:T&W/Transportation&Works Dept,T&W/Rapid Transit Program Office,Rapid Transit
Non-Union/Union: Non UnionCOVID-19 Update:
As per the City’s Employee Recruitment Policy, all external candidates (including previously employed individuals) must show their Fully Vaccinated Confirmation or apply for and receive confirmation of a creed or medical exemption from the City before their first day
A Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (Level 2) or Vulnerable Sector Check (Level 3) will be required of the successful candidate, at their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has notbeen granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. You can alsocheck your application status in your candidate profile online.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with theAccessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005and the OntarioHuman Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.