The Project Coordinator in Facilities & Property Management will plan and manage construction projects at City sites and facilities from conceptual design to construction, commissioning and turnover.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Review and develop of project scope.
• Prepare and develop the project charter.
• Prepare and administer of consultant/contractor requests for proposal/quotation/tenders ie. RFPs, RFQs and RFTs
• Develop, prepare and manage project implementation schedules
• Develop, prepare and manage project financials and budget
• Review consultant drawings and specifications
• Conduct site visits to monitor construction
• Manage the project commissioning and turnover process
• Collaborate with stakeholders across the organization.
• Provide direction to consultants of all disciplines and contractors to ensure that projects are completed on time, within the approved budget and
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
• Post-secondary Technician/Technologist diploma in Architectural, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Civil/Structural Engineering or a relevant discipline, with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in design and project management of construction projects, administering contracts and managing contractors and consultants or an equivalent combination of education and work experience (Equivalent experience will be considered in lieu of educational requirements)
• Experience with building lifecycle replacement projects i.e. architectural/structural/mechanical/electrical systems is an asset.
• LEED and PMP designations are preferred.
• Experience in preparation of specifications and tender documents.
• Experience in preparing and administering consulting and construction agreements.
• Must be able to read and interpret drawings and specifications and have strong trouble shooting and problem solving skills.
• Knowledgeable of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, OBC, NFPA, ASHRAE, as it applies to construction projects.
• Excellent time management skills in managing workload and work schedules.
• Basic accounting and financial management skills pertaining to projects.
• Solid writing and presentation skills.
• Strong inter-personal skills and the ability to negotiate effectively.
• Commitment to working in a team-based environment with a focus on continuous improvement and quality customer service.
Hourly Rate/Salary:$ 73,350.00 - $ 97,802.00
Hours of Work:35
Work Location:950 Burnhamthorpe Rd W
Department/Division/Section:CPS/Corporate Services Dept,CPS/Facil & Property Mgmt Div,Capital Design and Construction
Non-Union/Union: Non Union
COVID-19 Update:As per the City’s Employee Recruitment Policy, all external candidates (including previously employed individuals) must show their Fully Vaccinated Confirmation or apply for and receive confirmation of a creed or medical exemption from the City before their first day.
A Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (Level 2) will be required of the successful candidate, at their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has notbeen granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. You can alsocheck your application status in your candidate profile online.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with theAccessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005and the OntarioHuman Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.