Reporting directly to the Manager, Employee Health Services, the successful candidate will coordinate and assist employees in all aspects of managing their absence and return to work due to illness or injury. This includes medical documentation review, case management, return to work planning and implementation. Ensure employees receive optimal care when absent from work and identify opportunities to facilitate early and safe return to work as per legislative requirements. Completehealth coaching and wellness programing to promote behaviours that support good physical and mental health of employees.
This position will be required to work in a hybrid work arrangement (work from home and some work in the office). Our offices are located at Mississauga City Hall, 300 City Centre Drive, Mississauga.Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will:
Skills and Qualifications
- Perform comprehensive assessment of medical and functional documentation in preparation for efficient claim adjudication by corporate physician and development/review of modified work plans.
- Identify, manage and coordinate documentation required for both internal and external disability benefits programs.
- Monitor, make recommendations and evaluate employee's progress in the program and make recommendations to support employees' return to full regular duties or permanent alternate placement
- Assess and coordinate need for additional testing, third party assessment and treatment.
- Liaise with medical professionals, employees, insurer and supervisor to discuss, clarify and gather appropriate details to determine issues that may be impacting recovery and return to work.
- Organize/coordinate stay at work/return to work plans
- Supportwellness initiatives such as monthly wellness topics,vaccination clinics, annual employee health, wellness and safety fair, and health and wellness teaching.
- Employee coaching for various medical conditions and health enhancement.
- Confidentially maintain employee’s health files and obtain necessary consents to share medical information as necessary.
- Ensure compliance with Human Rights Code, absence policies and practices, LTD contract, Occupational Health and Safety Act, WSIB and various collective agreements. Comply with relevant City policies.
- Maintain current knowledge in field of disability management and health promotion.
- Provide ad hoc assistance on projects/initiatives within the unit/team.
- Registered Nurse with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Disability management education eg. Occupational Health Nursing Certification, NIDMAR with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience, including with claims related to mental illness.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Short Term and Long Term Disabilityinsurer adjudication process.
- Comprehensive assessment skills of medical documentation and knowledge of various treatment programs for various medical conditions.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation eg. Human Rights Code, Occupational Health and Safety Act, and PHIPPA as they relate to claims management and workplace accomodation.
- Current Standard First Aid Certificate with adult CPR and AED.
- Proficient communication skills (written and oral), including ability to present information andfacilitate discussion in a group setting.
- Relationship management skills to foster positive relationships with eg.employees who are recovering from illness or injury, supervisors, HR staff, and unions, 3rd party providers.
- Proficient computer skills eg. Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, Powerpoint. General computerskills for data inputting, running queries and reports within claims management system.
- May require some light lifting of supplies/materials.
- Primarily office environment with some local travel to client groups' work location for return to work planning, ergonomics assessments or health promotion initiatives.
Hourly Rate/Salary:$ 45.87 - $ 61.16
Hours of Work:35
Work Location:Civic Centre
Organization Unit:CPS/Employee Health Services
Department/Division/Section:CPS/Corporate Services Dept,CPS/HR Division,Healthy Workplace
Non-Union/Union: Non UnionCOVID-19 Update:
As per the City’s Employee Recruitment Policy, all external candidates (including previously employed individuals) must show their Fully Vaccinated Confirmation or apply for and receive confirmation of a creed or medical exemption from the City before their first day
A Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (Level 2) will be required of the successful candidate, at their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has notbeen granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. You can alsocheck your application status in your candidate profile online.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with theAccessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005and the OntarioHuman Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.