The successful candidate will report to the Manager Energy Management and Facilities Maintenance section of the Facilities and Property Management (FPM) division and will be responsible for managing and administering the operation of the Facilities Maintenance unit.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Develops, implements and monitors for acceptance a service delivery strategy including setting up Service Level Agreements, KPIs, identifying and meeting client needs, conducting requirements research, preparing maintenance service forecasts, monitoring the group performance and implementing required changes for continuous improvement
• Oversees the operation and maintenance of the CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System) targeting an effective planning of preventive and demand maintenance activities.
• Plans, administers, monitors and evaluates schedules and procedures for cost effective preventive maintenance programs in City facilities.
• Provides assistance and advice with respect to mechanical, structural and electrical systems in proposed new construction as it relates to future operation and maintenance functions.
• Develops, implements, monitors and evaluates responsive Service Desk procedures to ensure timely and appropriate response to requests for services.
• Responsible to develop, monitor, control and report on budgets and financial status for Divisional and other Departmental facilities maintenance programs and projects
• Plans, organizes and controls the operation of the facilities maintenance and custodial workshops including maintaining adequate inventories to cover supplies, tools and equipment.
• Benchmarks and develops key performance standards and metrics, monitors results and provides analysis and recommendations to enhance and change opportunities.
• Coaches, develops and supervises a team of professionals with respect to specification writing, contract administration, project management, customer service relations, team effectiveness, and continuous improvement
• Inspires enthusiasm, motivation and commitment of staff to achieve high levels of performance and oversees the Performance Management Process.
• Participates on Corporate, Departmental, and Divisional working groups, committees, or special projects as required
• Performs other related duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
• Bachelor of Mechanical, Structural or Electrical Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience in facilities maintenance. Licensed Professional Engineer (Ontario) is preferred.
• Minimum of 7 years experience in facilities maintenance, knowledgeable and ready to implement best practices and strategies like risk-based maintenance, reliability centered maintenance, efficiency based maintenance, etc.
• Minimum of 7 years in a supervisory role leading contract/project coordinators and trades
• Strong project management skills and the ability to handle conflicting priorities. Experienced in managing contractors and technical staff. Ability to multi-task and adapt quickly to change
• Excellent technical knowledge including applicable engineering principles and codes, safety and environmental requirements and other related legislation
• Proven knowledge of the procurement process for goods and services (RFP, RFT, RFQ, etc)
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to multitask and address customer’s concerns in a timely manner
• Proven analytical skills, problem solving and decision making skills
• Strong computer skills and experience with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, CMMS
• Excellent planning, organizing and people management skills
• Excellent business management/development skills
• Strong negotiation skills
• Strong customer focus
Hourly Rate/Salary:$ 107,014.00 - $ 142,686.00
Hours of Work:35
Work Location:950 Burnhamthorpe Rd W
Department/Division/Section:CPS/Corporate Services Dept,CPS/Facil & Property Mgmt Div,Energy Mgt & Facilities Mntce
Non-Union/Union: Non Union
COVID-19 Update:As per the City’s Employee Recruitment Policy, all external candidates (including previously employed individuals) must show their Fully Vaccinated Confirmation or apply for and receive confirmation of a creed or medical exemption from the City before their first day.
A Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (Level 2) or Vulnerable Sector Check (Level 3) will be required of the successful candidate, at their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has notbeen granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. You can alsocheck your application status in your candidate profile online.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with theAccessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005and the OntarioHuman Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.