The Supervisor, Business Services is responsible for the financial support of all service areas within the department. The role of the Supervisor is to manage and train financial analysts, develop their work plans and ensure finance coverage for all service areas.
This position will be required to work in a hybrid work arrangement (work from home and some work in the office). Our offices are located at Mississauga City Hall, 300 City Centre Drive, Mississauga.Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will:
Skills and Qualifications
- Providethe necessary leadership and expertise to develop the service areas’ budgets and forecasts and analysis to the managers, directors andthe commissioners to aid in their decision-making, as well as fulfilling corporate reporting requirements
- Manage team of Financial Analysts: develop and empower staff through delegation of responsibilities and accountabilities through regular feedback, and provide ongoing coaching, training and mentoring to support individual and team performance
- Meet with Service Area Managers and Directors on a regular basis to review their operating and capital budgets, fees and charges, and present operating trend analysis and department performance to budget (Financial Statements)
- Provide financial advice at a strategic level (short and long term strategic initiatives) to Managers, Directors and Commissioner on their operating and capital programs
- Manage the preparation, review, analyses and presentation of the Service Area’s operating and capital budgets submission to the Commissioner for approval prior to submission to Corporate Finance
- Review and present divisional and department consolidated financial statements along with forecast and other financial analysis reports to the Commissioner to aid them in decision making and prepare them for LT and Council discussions
- Provide financial guidance and recommendations to service area as required
- Customized internal reports that provide business units specific financial details (i.e. Facility reporting)
- Review and post journal entries in SAP to ensure all financial activities for month end and year end are reflect accurately
- Review and approve balance sheet reconciliations.
- Post Secondary degree in financial management, public administration, or a professional accounting designation (CMA, CGA, CA) or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 5 years progressive professional level experience in financial management, business planning and reporting
- Demonstrated ability to establish productive, professional working relationships at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks under pressure, prioritize issues and to produce results in tight time frames. Advanced working knowledge of Excel, SAP, Questica and a good general knowledge of Microsoft Word
- Planning management skills and the ability to coordinate work with and through others are essential
- Creativity and an ability to generate innovative solutions to business issues are required along with solid verbal and written communication skills
- Previous experience in planning and managing the performance of a team of professional staff is a strong asset.
Hourly Rate/Salary:$ 91,294.00 - $ 121,725.00
Hours of Work:35
Work Location:201 City Centre Drive
Department/Division/Section:CPS/Corporate Services Dept,CPS/Finance Division,Business Services & Process Solutns
Non-Union/Union: Non UnionCOVID-19 Update:
As per the City’s Employee Recruitment Policy, all external candidates (including previously employed individuals) must show their Fully Vaccinated Confirmation or apply for and receive confirmation of a creed or medical exemption from the City before their first day
A Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (Level 2) will be required of the successful candidate, at their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has notbeen granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. You can alsocheck your application status in your candidate profile online.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with theAccessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005and the OntarioHuman Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.