Working for the City means you are part of something big, something special! You will be part ofa team of engaging, enthusiastic and dedicated people that are committed to collaborating with one another to deliver on our commitment to the residents, visitors and businesses of Mississauga.Duties and Responsibilities
Skills and Qualifications
- To ensure a clean environment at all times by performing cleaning duties such as mopping, sweeping, trash collection, disinfecting, stripping and waxing floors as well as set up and tear downs for functions at Community Centres, pools, ice rinks, off-site facilities.
- Ensure a safe environment at all times by clearing snow, enforcing rules, pool readings, performing safety checks and reporting any safety concerns.
- Also maintain the ice surfaces, where applicable, at a risk free level, operating snow removal equipment and supervising public skates
- Complete painting and special project.
- Performs basic pool maintenance under the direction of the full time staff. Add chemicals, back washing. All required plant and pool readings and log completion.
- Checking functions in the facility and reporting any issues to the full time operations staff
- Ensure appropriate by-laws are being adhered to (ie no smoking)
- Perform minor repairs (if at all) to all facilities and equipment to ensure their longevity and safe operations. Light bulbs, minor plumbing. Emergency situations.
- Cash handling responsibilities including verifying and retrieving floats, completing revenue drops
- May complete MyWork time sheets and work orders as required, logs, pool closure forms, etc.
- Provide customer service to customers, answers to inquiries, answer question and assist where necessary during functions.
- Minimum 16 years of age with the ability to do physical work in a variety of climatic conditions.
- Previous community centre experience preferred or related experience.
- Excellent customer service and public relations skills.
- Emergency First Aid and CPR-B certificates are required.
- Ability to do physical work in a variety of climatic conditions.
- WHMIS training is an asset
- Must be able to work as a team player and also work with little supervision.
- May be required to perform the Operator I or II roles on a limited basis during any shift.
- Criminal Records Search, Vulnerable Sector Screening that is acceptable to the City of Mississauga
- CPO and Basic Refrigeration would be considered an asset
Weekend and rotating shift work is required. Successful applicants must be prepared to be moved, with appropriate notice, to a different facility as operational needs require. The ability to travel between locations may be required. We are now hiring for the positions of - Operations III, Operations II and Operations I.
Hourly Rate/Salary: PA: Operations III ($15.54-$17.28) - PB: Operations II ($16.61-$19.83) - PD: Operations I ($19.30-$23.59)
Hours of Work:Up to 40
Work Location:Various locations
Department/Division/Section:CMS/Community Services Dept,CMS/Recreation Division,
Non-Union/Union: Non UnionCOVID-19 Update:
As per the City’s Employee Recruitment Policy, all external candidates (including previously employed individuals) must show their Fully Vaccinated Confirmation or apply for and receive confirmation of a creed or medical exemption from the City before their first day
A Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (Level 2) will be required of the successful candidate, at their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has notbeen granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. You can alsocheck your application status in your candidate profile online.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with theAccessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005and the OntarioHuman Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.