Provide functional guidance of staff in the day-to-day operation. Ensure staffing level meets customer service demand and troubleshoot issues.Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Manager, Sport Development & Customer Service,the successful candidate will:
Skills and Qualifications
- Provide exceptional customer service experiences to all internal and external customers while maintaining established service levels with the Customer Service Centre and Paramount Fine Foods Centre - Guest Services.
- Responsible for providing function guidance to the team and ensuring Customer Service Representatives (CSR) and front desk staff adhere to financial controls and policies
- Applies a “hand on” approach in assisting staff process customer requests during high demand periods (including bookings, registrations and payment processing)
- Provide administrative support to the operation (i.e. audit, payroll, call monitoring, phone queue stats, account merges, rainout process, scheduling, verify Daily Sales Reports).
- Liaise with internal staff to resolve customer service issues.
- Provide information to senior staff as required.
- Assists with staff development, coaching, motivating providing staff training and development opportunities.
- Monitor performance indicators to provide input on performance in PMP evaluation process (customer service development card)
- Strictly adhere to all applicable by-laws, policies and procedures.
- Performs troubleshooting role as issues arise pertaining to customer service and resolves first level staff issues
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Post-Secondary education preferred.
- Minimum three (3) years of progressive office experience or equivalent related experience in a team-oriented, customer service environment.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience of staff supervision.
- Knowledge of recreation registration and/or booking business processes and related Corporate Policies and Procedures.
- Proficient in the use of computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, SAP and CLASS.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential with demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management, staff, elected officials, members of public and outside agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to establish priorities and deal efficiently with changing priorities and timelines.
- Attention to detail, excellent planning, organizational and time management skills are mandatory.
Hourly Rate/Salary:$ 35.42 - $ 47.23
Hours of Work:35
Work Location:Paramount Fine Foods Centre - Fieldhouse
Organization Unit:CMS/Sport & Customer Service
Department/Division/Section:CMS/Community Services Dept,CMS/Recreation Division,South District
Non-Union/Union: Non UnionCOVID-19 Update:
As per the City’s Employee Recruitment Policy, all external candidates (including previously employed individuals) must show their Fully Vaccinated Confirmation or apply for and receive confirmation of a creed or medical exemption from the City before their first day
A Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (Level 2) or Vulnerable Sector Check (Level 3) will be required of the successful candidate, at their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has notbeen granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. You can alsocheck your application status in your candidate profile online.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with theAccessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005and the OntarioHuman Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.