Responsible to provide technical support to internal and external clients including day-to-day operation, maintenance and system functions and perform troubleshooting on systems and/or technical issues. Carry out preventative maintenance work and projects while assisting with the review of programs and services.Duties and Responsibilities
Skills and Qualifications
- Monitoring to ensure inspections are undertaken in a timely manner
- Investigating and resolving customer service requests
- Providing documentation and information in response to claims against the City of Mississauga
- Apply knowledge of the skill set and quality of work to determine which firms may be best suited for a particular project
- Perform investigative work to gather relevant background information upon receipt of Service Requests
- Solve technical problems that require specialized knowledge
- Attend various management meetings when required as subject matter expert
- Lead specifications for electrical systems and components
- Propose and coordinate upgrade/update campaigns
- Work with vendors and suppliers to keep up to date with the latest product development
- Part of team assigned to complete projects related to specialised equipment testing, installation and standards review
- Perform day to day operational functions
- Review concerns from residents or elected officials
- Verify all work is completed within applicable legal, engineering standards and policy requirements
- Prepare correspondence and reports to Committee, Councillors and the general public ensuring all information is accurate and factual.
- Ensure that all recommendations are in accordance with City and industry standards
- Responsible for the preparation and maintenance of spreadsheets to ensure that all data requests from internal and external clients are recorded, processed and invoiced
- Researches and stays abreast with current technology
- Post-secondary education in civil engineering technology, environmental science, transportation or related discipline
- A valid class “G” driver’s license
- 2 to 5 years’ experience in a relevant field
- CET designation is preferred or in the process of obtaining a CET designation
- Excellent organization with the ability to manage competing tasks
- Strong written, verbal and team communication skill sets
- May require lifting of supplies/equipment. Exposure to computer keyboards and screens
- Primarily office environment with site visits
Hourly Rate/Salary:$ 64,464.00 - $ 85,952.00
Hours of Work:35
Work Location:3185 Mavis Road, Mississauga ON
Department/Division/Section:T&W/Transportation&Works Dept,T&W/Traffic Mgt & Municipal Parking Div,Traffic Signals & Systems
Non-Union/Union: Non UnionCOVID-19 Update:
As per the City’s Employee Recruitment Policy, all external candidates (including previously employed individuals) must show their Fully Vaccinated Confirmation or apply for and receive confirmation of a creed or medical exemption from the City before their first day
A Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (Level 2) or Vulnerable Sector Check (Level 3) will be required of the successful candidate, at their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has notbeen granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. You can alsocheck your application status in your candidate profile online.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with theAccessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005and the OntarioHuman Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.