Reporting to a Supervisor, Park Operations, and giving direction to Parks Person II and seasonal staff, the successful candidate will perform a variety of sports functions, and other parks operations tasks, in a team environment and assist in the organization and direction of crew responsibilities. The PP1 may provide additional leadership in the absence of the Supervisor, Parks Operations.Duties and Responsibilities
Skills and Qualifications
- Inspect, maintain and repair sports fields, park amenities, horticultural beds and/or turf
- Oversee and provide leadership to PP2s and seasonal staff for training on equipment, policies and standards, and establishing work plans
- Comply and adhere to all required City of Mississauga and Parks Operation’s policies, safety standards, procedures and legislation
- Ensure parks and all park amenities are maintained to City, CSA standards, and any other applicable legislation
- Answer inquiries from the public and City staff
- Operate all assigned equipment in a safe and efficient manner
- An understanding and execution of preventative maintenance necessary of all assigned equipment
- Complete all assignments, tasks and activities to the required specifications of the Supervisor
- Complete work records and other administrative tasks daily
- Provide feedback and assist in completing full-time and seasonal staff evaluations
- Provide assistance on projects/initiatives within the unit/team as required
- Purchase materials or supplies
- Ability to work as a positive team member
- Participation in the Park Operations Winter Maintenance on-call program is mandatory to address issues after hours and on weekends
- Other duties as required based upon operational needs
- Post-secondary College or University program in Horticulture,Turf Management with 5 years’ experience in Park Operations or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Valid Class “G” Ontario Driver’s License
- Valid Standard First Aid and CPR ‘C’ is required or needs to be obtained prior to employment start date
- Microsoft Office programs and relevant City of Mississauga software
- Ability to safely operate and maintain small and large vehicles and equipment
- Comfortable working primarily in parkland with exposure to temperatures, varying weather conditions, and contaminants of various kinds
Hourly Rate/Salary:$64,464.00 - $85,952.00
Hours of Work:40
Work Location:Malton Yard: Parks
Department/Division/Section:CMS/Community Services Dept,CMS/Parks, Forestry & Environment,Parks Operations
Non-Union/Union: Non UnionCOVID-19 Update:
As per the City’s Employee Recruitment Policy, all external candidates (including previously employed individuals) must show their Fully Vaccinated Confirmation or apply for and receive confirmation of a creed or medical exemption from the City before their first day
A Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (Level 2) or Vulnerable Sector Check (Level 3) will be required of the successful candidate, at their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has notbeen granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. You can alsocheck your application status in your candidate profile online.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with theAccessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005and the OntarioHuman Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.