Love the outdoors? Want to work for the best Recreation Division in Canada and develop your skills? If so, the Golf Operations - Seasonal Part-time Equipment Operator Position is the perfect opportunity for you.
This is your chance to be part of a dynamic and innovative team of professionals who work hard to ensure the best possible experience for our customers. We take a lot of pride in what we do and we want you to join us in working together to make our great golf courses even better.
Employment Period is from April 3, 2023 up to November 10, 2023 (start and end dates weather dependant)
, based on a 24 hour work week, and includes weekends and holidays.Duties and Responsibilities
Skills and Qualifications
- Equipment operation for the purpose of maintaining golf course ammenities including, greens, tees, fairways, rough and bunkers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience in a golf course maintenance and landscaping a definite asset.
- Should possess a high level of enthusiasm, be self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Must have green patch CSA approved safety boots, 6" - 8" to cover ankle, suede or leather.
- Must be available to work weekdays 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 am .(may vary) 3-5 shifts per week, 5:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. on weekends/holidays (1-2 times per month) up to 24 hours per week.
- Successful applicants will be required to attend various training sessions throughout the Spring.
- Working outdoors during all seasons and weather conditions
- Exposure to vibration, unpleasant smells, fumes, dust, and flying particles
- Exposure to grass, weeds, and other potential outdoor allergens and various insects
- Requires bending, lifting heavy equipment and objects (up to 55 lbs), climbing, walking, pushing, sitting, standing and repetitive motion
Hourly Rate/Salary:$16.61 - $19.83
Hours of Work:up to 24 or 44 hours
Work Location:Brae Ben Golf Course and Lakeview Golf Course in Mississauga
Department/Division/Section:CMS/Community Services Dept,CMS/Recreation Division,North District
Non-Union/Union: Non UnionCOVID-19 Update:
As per the City’s Employee and Volunteer COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, all external candidates (including previously employed individuals) must show their Fully Vaccinated Confirmation or apply for and receive confirmation of a creed or medical exemption from the City before their first day
A Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (Level 2) or Vulnerable Sector Check (Level 3) will be required of the successful candidate, at their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has notbeen granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. You can alsocheck your application status in your candidate profile online.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with theAccessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005and the OntarioHuman Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.