Love the outdoors? Want to work for the best Recreation Division in Canada and develop your skills? If so, the Seasonal Golf Course Operations Position is the perfect opportunity for you.
This is your chance to be part of a dynamic and innovative team of professionals who work hard to ensure the best possible experience for our customers. We take a lot of pride in what we do and we want you to join us in working together to make our great golf courses even better.
Employment Period is from March 21, 2022 up to Friday, December 2, 2022, based on a 40 hour work week, and includes weekends, holidays and shift work.Duties and Responsibilities
Skills and Qualifications
- Golf course maintenance including but not limited to, mowing, course set-up, bunker maintenance, aerification, top dressing, irrigation, drainage, horticulture, weeding, watering, turf renovation, equipment maintenance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous experience in golf course maintenance and equipment maintenance including, turf, irrigation, pesticide/fertilizer application, reels and engines is considered an asset.
- Formal education in turf or golf course maintenance, horticulture or other education relevant to the position would be an asset
- Landscape Exterminator and Industrial Vegetation Exterminator pesticide licenses is considered an asset.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to understand and carry out verbal and written instructions.
- Must have green patch CSA approved safety boots, 6" - 8" to cover ankle, suede or leather.
- Must be competent in operating a variety of vehicle sizes and types.
- Must hold Emergency First Aid Certification (proof will be required within the first 6 months of your employment).
- Must be available to work weekends, shifts and overtime March to November (weather permitting).
- Ability to work in varying climate conditions.
- Ability to work with limited supervision and to work as part of a team.
- Ability to deal with the public courteously and effectively.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Understanding of applicable Health and Safety regulations and Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Normal hours of work are Monday to Friday 6:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., alternating weekends 5:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m., up to 44 hours per week. Schedule may vary to meet operational requirements.
- Successful applicants will be required to attend various training sessions throughout the spring.
- Employment offer is conditional upon receipt of a Criminal Record Search that is acceptable to the City of Mississauga
- Working outdoors during all seasons and weather conditions
- Exposure to vibration, unpleasant smells, fumes, dust, and flying particles
- Exposure to grass, weeds, and other potential outdoor allergens and various insects
- Requires bending, lifting heavy equipment and objects (up to 55 lbs), climbing, walking, pushing, sitting, standing and repetitive motion
Hourly Rate/Salary:$ 20.36 - $ 25.72
Hours of Work:up to 44
Work Location:Brae Ben or LakeView Golf Course
Department/Division/Section:CMS/Community Services Dept,CMS/Recreation Division,North District
Non-Union/Union: Non UnionCOVID-19 Update:
As per the City’s Employee and Volunteer COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, all external candidates (including previously employed individuals) must show their Fully Vaccinated Confirmation or apply for and receive confirmation of a creed or medical exemption from the City before their first day
A Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (Level 2) or Vulnerable Sector Check (Level 3) will be required of the successful candidate, at their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has notbeen granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. You can alsocheck your application status in your candidate profile online.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with theAccessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005and the OntarioHuman Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.