Provide professional planning advice and recommendations to all levels of City staff, levels of government, affected agencies and departments, the public and all other stakeholders, tribunals and courts to guide the growth and development of the City of Mississauga.Duties and Responsibilities
Skills and Qualifications
- Provide professional planning advice and recommendations to public agencies, consultants, elected officials, staff, residents, special interest groups, and/or the Ontario Land Tribunal (OLT)
- Research, prepare reports, manage work plans and present recommendations on special projects
- Review, analyze, develop and advise on policies
- Input into annual budget process
- Comply with relevant City policies
- Provide ad hoc assistance on projects/initiatives within the unit/team
- Use information that is stored within the unit/team and/or available without special authorization
- University graduate - Urban Planning, Geography, Transportation Engineering or related discipline
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a planning/project management role
- Membership in the Ontario Professional Planners Institute (OPPI) and Canadian Institute of Planners (CIP) preferred
- Microsoft Office software and appropriate City programs
- May require occasional lifting equipment for meetings, standing long periods of time and walking at site visits
- Exposure to computer keyboards and screens. Primarily office environment with occasional site visits
- This position comes with full benefits, for an overview please click on the following link: Long Term Full Time Contract Employees - 2+ Years
- 3 weeks of vacation
- Option to enroll into the OMERS pension
- Hybrid workplace - a mix of remote and office work
Hourly Rate/Salary:$ 45.87 - $ 61.16
Hours of Work:35
Work Location: Hybrid - remote work and in office at Civic Centre
Organization Unit:P&B/Development North
Department/Division/Section:P&B/Planning & Building Dept,P&B/Develop & Design Division,Development North
Non-Union/Union: Non UnionCOVID-19 Update:
As per the City’s Employee Recruitment Policy, all external candidates (including previously employed individuals) must show their Fully Vaccinated Confirmation or apply for and receive confirmation of a creed or medical exemption from the City before their first day
A Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (Level 2) or Vulnerable Sector Check (Level 3) will be required of the successful candidate, at their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has notbeen granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. You can alsocheck your application status in your candidate profile online.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with theAccessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005and the OntarioHuman Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.