The Daniels Corporation builds with a passion for creating vibrant communities in every sense of the word. Daniels looks beyond the bricks and mortar, including social, cultural and economic infrastructures that will create a unique sense of place. This commitment has been an integral part of Daniels’ corporate philosophy for over 38 years. Daniels has built more than 35,000 award-winning homes and apartments, master-planned mixed-use communities, and commercial and retail spaces, and has earned its standing as one of Canada’s largest and preeminent builder/developers.
We are currently seeking a Property Administrator to join our team in Toronto. Reporting to the Property Manager, the Property Administrator is responsible for supporting the Property Manager in the daily operations of the community, that project(s) are conducted under the current operational policies, and that the overall objectives of the Corporation are met.
Occupant and Board of Director Relations
- Assist the Property Manager and Board in the enforcement of the Corporation’s Bylaws, Declaration, Rules and Regulations in the prescribed manner.
- Ensure customer satisfaction and always serve all owners and occupants with a smile.
- Handle all owner and occupant complaints quickly and professionally and advise the Property Manager and the Board of Directors (if needed) of any issues and/or escalations.
- Correspond with owners and occupants in a professional manner both written and verbally.
- Provide copies of all relevant correspondence with owners and trades to the Property Manager and the Board of Directors (as requested from time to time).
- Assist with training of new site staff, if applicable.
- Provide support to the Property Manager and Operations Manager, as needed, regarding staff meetings, which should be held on a regular basis.
- Provide support to the Property Manager and Operations Manager in maintaining any applicable, current job descriptions for all staff.
- Provide support to the Operations Manager, as needed, to ensure that all maintenance logs and checklists for all maintenance are maintained and kept up to date.
- Provide support to the Operations Manager, as needed, in completing building inspections, and completing written inspection reports with a copy to the Board if required.
- Assist the Property Manager and Operations Manager with obtaining quotations and the preparation and issuing of new contracts as required.
- Provide support to the Security Team with respect to building audits, administrative needs, organization of the security desk, data audit of security system, etc.
- Familiarity with computer and developing systems to operate and support the community efficiently.
- Maintain all Corporation documents and files according to best practices, and meet any requirements provided by Head Office.
- Requires a general knowledge of the Condominium Act and Corporation's documentation.
- Maintain accurate records and documents for the Condominium Corporation, including an upto-date owner's register with off-site owners’ information while in compliance with PIPEDA.
- Keep a roster of names and telephone numbers of persons or firms which can respond to any emergency touching upon the common property of the Corporation on a twenty-four (24) hour basis (a.k.a. “Building Data Sheet”)
- Provide support to the Property Manager, as needed, in preparing timely reports as requested (i.e. building inspection, operational check list, building inventory, management report, etc...).
- Create and deliver notices or other required communication to be delivered by the Corporation to an owner or occupant of any unit, including electronic notifications sent via the online booking system.
- Maintain professional and timely correspondence with owners, occupants and outside agencies.
- Attend meetings and seminars as requested.
- Prepare Status Certificates or provide support to the Property Manager in the preparation of Status Certificates.
- If needed, attend Board meetings and assist in the preparation of Management Reports for each meeting as required.
- Perform duties as directed by the Board which are within the scope of Daniels Home Management’s Management Agreement.
- Provide support to the Property Manager in scheduling and arranging for A.G.M. and special meetings of the Owners (as directed by the Property Manager / Board of Directors); this may include attending Owners’ meetings to assist with registration and general administration at the meeting.
- Provide support to the Property Manager with liaising with various committees that will be in place from time to time, ie, the Rules/Policy Committee, the Networking Committee, etc.
- Provide support to the Property Manager with any required communication Head Office regarding the placement and discharge of liens for nonpayment of CEA expenses.
- Provide support to the Property Manager with coding and approval of all monthly invoices.
- Provide support to the Property Manager with preparation of the annual budget.
- Provide support to the Property Manager with respect to the sale and ongoing tracking of access cards.
- Provide support to the Property Manager with managing the calendar and associated booking fees for amenities.
- Provide support to the Property Manager with creation and issuing of chargeback invoices, including ongoing collection efforts.
- Taking the initiative to consult with the Property Manager as to the current best practices in property management processes, tools and technology. Being well organized and a team player is an essential element of the job.
- Develop and maintain excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and oral. At all times, be professional and courteous.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and tasks with an ability to work beyond a standard work week, when needed.
- College or university degree or diploma preferred but not required
- Must have strong working knowledge of Microsoft with a focus on Excel, Word, and Power Point
- Experience in Property Management an asset
- Knowledge or familiarity with Yardi Systems is an asset
- Knowledge or familiarity with the Condominium Act is an asset
- Daily attendance at an office located in the Toronto Waterfront will be required
- Excellent attention to detail
- Highly motivated and self-starter
- Polished written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as a team is essential
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills are required
If you are interested in this position, or know of someone who is interested, please forward your resume to Michael Wright, Senior Manager, Property Management, at firstname.lastname@example.org by February 3rd, 2022.
As an employer committed to employment equity and accessibility for persons with disabilities, we encourage applications from members of equity-deserving communities including women, BIPOC/racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities/expressions. We encourage members of all equity-deserving groups to self-identify within their cover letter should they wish to do so. When a candidate voluntarily discloses this information in their cover letter, the information will be kept strictly confidential. Disclosure and/or self- identification with an equity-deserving group will not lead to advantageous treatment of a candidate who is not qualified. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
An offer of employment is conditional upon the candidate being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. They are required to provide proof of vaccination to the Employer. The Employer will provide reasonable accommodation to any individual who is not able to comply with this vaccination requirement due to a disability or other ground protected by the Ontario Human Rights Code.