This role has the sole authority to provide guidance to the Public, the Mayor and Council and City Departments on matters concerning property boundaries and land interests. This role also prepares and delivers land survey and engineering projects and takes responsibility for providing survey and mapping products and services as well as GIS Services to support Capital projects within the City. Duties and ResponsibilitiesLand, Property Boundaries and Land Development Advisory
Land Development & Spatial Expertise
- Advise Councillors, Commissioners, Directors, City Solicitors and staff and recommend solutions on land related issues to inform decisions
- Provide an informed and independent opinion on boundaries on behalf of the Corporation
- Testify as an expert witness on behalf of the Corporation on matters related to a boundary
- Provide land expertise in managing Engineering Surveys related to redevelopment of roads and parks.
- Provide land expertise in managing GIS or location related data to further the City’s Civil Mapping and Asset Management Plans
- Manage the City's Horizontal and Vertical control network. This network is relied upon by the Development and Construction community as a key component to multi-million dollar projects as they provide spatial accuracy to existing infrastructure and property boundaries
Strategic & Operational direction on Surveys
- Provide supervisory oversight on full time staff members who range in skill sets, expertise and salary grade.
- Ensure staff members receive sufficient amount of training to meet their legislative requirement for Continuous Professional Development in order for them to maintain their license
- Oversee workload distribution and ensures the quality of work delivered meets the Statute and Regulatory requirements as prescribed by the relevant Provincial Acts
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of records and documents related to staff performance and tracking of entitled compensation (includes facilitating staff PDP discussions, completing PDP's for each staff member, approving leave time and resolving work-related issues beyond those of a technical nature).
Surveying, Mapping & GIS Support
- Examine Survey and GIS services, workflows and products to ensure City is aligned with current technologies and practices
- Communicate and partner with provincial ministries to adopt and implement lean processes targeted at improving current processes
- Consult with industry leaders on new Survey practices including CAD (Open Roads) and GIS software (ArcPro), Mobile LiDAR, and use of Aerial Imagery and Drones
Skills and Qualifications
- Provide surveying and GIS support to client by overseeing contract management, development of GIS solutions, survey services contract management etc.
- Lead the development of GIS Solutions, this includes developing customized applications for clients to track, view, analyze and report on their data sets
- Oversee the provision of Survey Services by collaborating with multiple sections within the City to ensure deadlines are met
- University Degree in Civil Engineering or related field
- Ontario Land Surveyor license issued by the Association of Ontario Land Surveyors
- Minimum of 5 years of industry experience working as an Ontario Land Surveyor in good standing
- Minimum of 5 years experiencing in managing a team of Licensed Ontario Land Surveyors and GIS professionals
Hourly Rate/Salary:$ 107,014 - $ 142,686
Hours of Work:35
Work Location:201 City Centre Drive
Department/Division/Section:CPS/Corporate Services Dept,CPS/IT Division,Digital Services
Non-Union/Union: Non Union
A Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (Level 2) or Vulnerable Sector Check (Level 3) will be required of the successful candidate, at their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has notbeen granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. You can alsocheck your application status in your candidate profile online.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with theAccessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005and the OntarioHuman Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.