Timely preparation of food in the kitchen following specific recipes set by the Chef/Supervisor. Appropriate presentation of food and maintaining the cleanliness of all areas of the kitchen.Duties and Responsibilities
Skills and Qualifications
- Follow specific recipes set by the Chef, Sous Chef/ Cook 1 or Supervisor
- Maintain cost of goods sold/portion levels
- Preparation of food for a la carte menu
- Prepare food platters and salads for service under the direction of the Head Chef, Sous Chef and Cook 1
- Proper storage of goods received and rotating products to maintain freshness.
- Monitor inventory and all par stock levels (FIFO First In First Out)
- Proper downsizing and labelling dates of all products
- Inspect all areas of the kitchen making sure it’s a safe environment to work in.
- Make sure all equipment is in running order (Ex. Gas Units and Refrigeration)
- Make sure that the dish area is clean and tidy
- Making sure that all food equipment is properly cleaned and organizing all walk in coolers
- Adhering to proper procedures for cleaning dishes and kitchen utensils (wash, rinse and sanitize)
- One year minimum culinary experience and/or formal training with strong food preparation, cooking and presentation skills
- A clear understanding of Health and Safety standards as they pertain to food
- Food Handlers Certificate Required
- Smart Serve certification Required
- The successful candidate must possess a valid Emergency First Aid and CPR B within six months of your start date.
- Lifting of heavy objects and exposure to heat (burns) and sharp objects (knives)
- Primarily office environment
Hourly Rate/Salary:16.61 - 19.83
Hours of Work:up to 40
Work Location:Brae-Ben Golf Course
Organization Unit:CMS/Brae-Ben Food Services Kitchen
Department/Division/Section:CMS/Community Services Dept,CMS/Recreation Division,South District
Non-Union/Union: Non Union
A Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (Level 2) will be required of the successful candidate, at their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has notbeen granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. You can alsocheck your application status in your candidate profile online.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with theAccessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005and the OntarioHuman Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.