Are you looking for an opportunity to join a team where your contribution makes a positive impact on the lives of many people? The City of Mississauga is looking for great people to join our Building Division team and take a proactive role in ensuring a safer built environment in our communities.Duties and Responsibilities
Skills and Qualifications
- Under the general supervision of the Supervisor, Mechanical Inspections, the successful candidate will perform the following duties:
- Carry out inspections on all types of buildings and structures to ensure that construction/installation of HVAC systems comply with the Building Code Act, Ontario Building Code, and any other applicable law (once OBC qualifications and required on-site inspection training are met)
- Prepare and maintain accurate inspection records in both electronic and manual formats
- Respond to related enquiries received from various customers, including designers, contractors, and the general public
- Prepare information for files and reports in respect to matters relative to the Inspection Services Section
- Investigate HVAC related complaints, take legal action and appear as a witness in court when required
- Present a professional, positive, knowledgeable, and conscientious image to the public at all times
- Work in coordination with other Building Division staff, other City departments, and external agencies
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned
- HVAC tradesperson or designer with a minimum of 5 years directly related work experience in HVAC design and/or construction; work experience in plumbing design and/or construction is an asset
- Demonstrated knowledge of the requirements of the Building Code Act, Ontario Building Code, and any other applicable law as they apply to HVAC systems; knowledge of the requirements that apply to plumbing systems is an asset
- Qualified as referenced in Division C Section 3.1.4. of the Ontario Building Code; or alternatively, eligible for appointment as an Intern Inspector
- Qualify and maintain qualifications as referenced in Division C Section 3.1.4. of the Ontario Building Code, and attend appropriate courses/seminars to keep knowledge current
- If appointed as an Intern Inspector, successful completion of Ontario Building Code qualification exams in ‘General Legal Process’, ‘HVAC House’ and ‘Building Services’ within six (6) months from date of hire, and ‘Plumbing House’ and ‘Plumbing All Buildings’ within eighteen (18) months from date of hire is required
- Must be proficient in the reading and interpretation of drawings, specifications and other technical documents
- Must have strong communication and customer service skills, and the ability to work in a team environment
- Valid driver’s license and use of a personal vehicle is essential
Hourly Rate/Salary:$ 73,350.00 - $ 97,802.00
Hours of Work:35
Work Location:Civic Centre
Department/Division/Section:P&B/Planning & Building Dept,P&B/Building Division,Inspection Services
Non-Union/Union: Non Union
A Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (Level 2) or Vulnerable Sector Check (Level 3) will be required of the successful candidate, at their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has notbeen granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. You can alsocheck your application status in your candidate profile online.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with theAccessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005and the OntarioHuman Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.