Under the direction of the Manager of Standards and Training the successful candidate will coordinate, develop, promote, administer, deliver and facilitate a wide range of Departmental training programs. Duties and Responsibilities
Skills and Qualifications
- • Assist in creating and sustaining new and existing Job Required Learning profiles within Community Services by completing and evaluating training needs assessments and compliance audits.
• On-boarding of new employees, evaluating and modifying external learning resources and materials; developing and designing in-house training materials.
• Schedule, promote, process and monitor training registrations, along with all necessary administrative resources. Evaluate training data, compile statistics and prepare recommendations for training requirements and ad hoc training sessions.
• Full planning and execution of in person training, conferences, ad hoc training sessions and meetings.
• Identify, recruit and recognize instructors for training sessions. Consultation with instructors on the design of learning materials using a variety of learning platforms, presentations, desktop publishing, development of online training modules and web-based tools such as Success Factors inSight Learning management system. Conduct compliance audits ensuring standard operating procedures are met with necessary follow-through with functional teams and delivery of training.
• Liaise with various agencies and regulatory bodies that provide governance and leadership for Community Services that affect training and development for staff.
• Coordinate, chair and participate in meetings involving various stakeholders including Co-worker Meetings, Team Meetings and Task Teams.
• Works to identify and develop required learning including train the trainer sessions related to quality management, standards and other relevant trainings.
• Work with a variety of staff at various levels in Community Services and within the Corporation and ensuring a high level of resourcefulness.
• Work closely with Human Resources Health and Safety and Learning and Organization Development Teams to develop thorough Learning Profiles.
• Candidates must be flexible and willing to support additional service areas dependent on business needs.
• Host various virtual trainings for small and large groups.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Post-secondary degree/diploma in recreation, adult education/training and development or related field with 3-5 years work experience in a leadership capacity in recreation programming, staff supervision and employee training. Knowledge of adult learning, curriculum development, instructional design and instructional delivery methods is an asset.
• Experience in consulting, project management and strategic planning is essential.
• Must have excellent interpersonal, presentation, problem solving and decision-making skills and superior oral and written communication and time management skills.
• Certification in HIGH FIVE Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD), Quest 1 and Quest 2 is required. Experience with diverse customer groups and operational knowledge in a variety or service areas is an asset.
• Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, OneNote, Box, Outlook, CLASS, Publisher, and Success Factors InSight Learning, Webex Events and Meetings is preferred. LEAN Certification an asset.
• Flexible hours required including early morning, evening and weekend during peak periods.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
Hourly Rate/Salary:$ 40.30 - $ 53.74
Hours of Work:35
Organization Unit:CMS/Training & Volunteer Program
Department/Division/Section:CMS/Community Services Dept,CMS/Recreation Division,North District
Non-Union/Union: Non Union
A Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (Level 2) or Vulnerable Sector Check (Level 3) will be required of the successful candidate, at their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has notbeen granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. You can alsocheck your application status in your candidate profile online.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with theAccessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005and the OntarioHuman Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.