City of Mississauga Aquatics provides many opportunities for part time employment, both year round and seasonally.
Join our Aquatics team and get more than just a summer job, get an experience that will last a lifetime. As part of our dynamic team you will develop teamwork, leadership, self-confidence, and interpersonal skills. Qualified and trained Lifeguards and Swimming Instructors are an integral part of our community. All of our staff play, an important role in maintaining a safe aquatic environment and providing enjoyable swimming lessons for people of all ages. Duties and Responsibilities
- Be fully responsible for aquatic facility (indoor or outdoor), its staff and its programs in the absence of the Aquatics Supervisor.
- Supervise and maintain a safe, enjoyable environment for all swimmers.
- Assist Aquatic Supervisor with training, scheduling, supervising, and evaluating of staff.
- Assist Aquatic Supervisor with observing, evaluating and debriefing staff regarding programs and Quest 2 evaluations.
- Maintain a clean and safe pool facility.
- Provide public information and customer service.
- Adhere to cash handling procedures.
- Mandatory participation in training beginning the week of May 23, 2023.
- Successfully complete all required on line training modules.
- Assist with special events and facility promotion.
- Incorporate and model the HIGH FIVE® Principles of Healthy Child Development in program delivery
- Perform various other duties as assigned.
: Full time hours of work are not guaranteed, hours are dependent on sufficient program registration and pools being open. Hours may be affected due to mechanical shut downs, inclement weather or COVID-19 restrictions.Skills and Qualifications
Employment period: Part-time hours through June with a regular schedule commencing Monday, June 26, 2023 through to Sunday, September 3, 2023 (specific dates will vary between pools). Mandatory Training will begin the week of May 23, 2023.
- 16 years of age and older.
- Current Swim, Lifesaving and Emergency First Aid Instructor.
- Current National Lifeguard.
- Current Standard First Aid Certificationand CPR "C" with AED (Lifesaving Society, Red Cross, St. John's Ambulance or Canadian Ski Patrol).
- HIGH FIVE ® Principles of Healthy Child Development
- HIGH FIVE® QUEST 2
- Aquatic Supervisor Training (AST)
- Proof of current awards must be provided.
- Minimum 3 years of direct supervision (Deck Coordinator) over an aquatic lesson program.
- Shift work, including days, evenings, and weekends.
- A Level 3 - Vulnerable Sector Check will be required of the successful candidate, as a condition of employment, at their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
Hourly Rate/Salary:$20.36 - $25.72
Hours of Work:up to 40 hours per week
Department/Division/Section:CMS/Community Services Dept,CMS/Recreation Division,South District
Non-Union/Union: Non Union
Applicants applying to this posting may be considered for the same position(s) should another vacancy occur within six months from the date of this posting, unless the requirement to repost is expressed differently in a Collective Agreement.
If you are selected for an interview and your proposed transfer or promotion results in a real or perceived conflict of interest in relation to the Employment of Relatives Corporate Policy and Procedure, you must notify the Human Resources Representative as soon as possible.
If you are selected for an interview you are expected to disclose all current positions held in the City, whether full time or part time.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities.If selected to participate in the recruitment selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.