- AECON GROUP INC.
- Ohsweken, Ontario
- Closing date
- Mar 19, 2023
- General Labour / Skilled Trades
Job Title: Arborist
Date: Feb 2023
Location: Six Nations within the Ohsweken Community
Company: Aecon Six Nations Joint Venture
What is the Opportunity?
Faster. Smarter. Safer. This is how Aecon Utilities is committed to delivering projects. Aecon Utilities is ready to become Canada's #1 utility construction provider and we're looking for a Arborist to get us there!
Reporting to the Operations Manager, Superintendent or designate, the Arborist will play an essential role in the care and examination of trees on specific project sites.
This position is a part of Aecon's Joint Venture with Six Nations within the Ohsweken community.
What You’ll Do Here:
- Plant and transplant woody trees, by preparing the site, backfilling, staking, watering, and mulching
- Prune, hedge and remove treats
- Evaluate trees for disease and pest problems, and perform treatments as needed
- Support trees and breaking branches by securing cables and braces
- Remove trees and perform stump grinding as needed
- Manage nutrient and water supply and consumption
- Maintain records of work performed
- Identify potentially hazardous trees and other tree-related problems
Hands on Training and Orientation:
- An introduction to Aecon, our industry, and Utilities work
- All requisite health and safety training
- Valuable job-specific skills training
- Preparing for work on site and job readiness training
What You Bring to the Team:
- Technical diploma in botany, forestry, biology and environmental studies, ecology, or an equivalent
- Minimum 1+ years working Arborist experience
- Significant Indigenous lived experience (local to the project is required)
- Cross-cultural agility – awareness of/sensitivity to diverse Indigenous culture and history.
- Mobility is essential, must be willing to travel to where projects are located
- A positive and safety conscious attitude
- Able to learn on the fly and drive for results
- Strong planning, problem solving and organizational skills
- A team player who actively contributes to the group in order to complete tasks, meet goals or manage project timelines.
- Be a champion of inclusion and diversity.
What you get in return:
- Paid In-depth training: Aecon takes pride in providing employees with an in-depth training that prepares them to perform their duties successfully. There will be 4-6 weeks of paid in-class and on-site training.
- Competitive Compensation: The Arborist is paid a competitive hourly rate aligned to the respective Collective Agreement.
- Arborist: Starting from $20/hr for an Apprentice Labourer with a potential to earn up to $40/hr as a Skilled Labourer.
- Union Benefits: Employees are required to join the union upon completion of the training. Employees will be eligible for benefits under the respective union’s collective agreement. Depending on the union and the benefit plan, the plan may include health, dental, prescription, vision, and other benefits.
- Continuous Development and Career Opportunities: Aecon offers countless learning and growth opportunities. Our team members are passionate about growth, innovation, and collaboration. We are constantly striving to improve and better ourselves so that we can better support our clients.
APPLY NOW! Please direct all applications and inquires to our inbox: A6N@aecon.com
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert