Feller Buncher Equipment Operator
- AECON GROUP INC.
- Ohsweken, Ontario
- Closing date
- Mar 19, 2023
- General Labour / Skilled Trades
Job Title: Feller Buncher Equipment Operator
Date: Feb 2023
Location: Six Nations within the Ohsweken Community
Company: Aecon Six Nations JV
What is the Opportunity?
Faster.Smarter.Safer. This is how Aecon Six Nations JV is committed to delivering projects. Aecon Six Nations JV is ready to become Canada’s #1 forestry construction provider and we’re looking for a Feller Buncher Equipment Operator to help us get there!
This position is part of Aecon’s Joint Venture with Six Nations within the Ohsweken Community
Reporting to the site Supervisor, the Feller Buncher Equipment Operator will be responsible for all phases of project execution.
What You’ll Do Here:
- Ability to operate all equipment functions independently and safely.
- Move materials and equipment and preform select cutting of trees in many different cutting situations. Some of these situations include working in high pressure gas right of ways, rail corridors, and roadside on major highways.
- Ability to safely operate a Feller Buncher to execute cutting of trees.
- Coordinate machine actions with other activities, positioning or moving of loads and conduct in response to hand or audio signals from team members.
- Interpret stakes and signage on the land.
- Ensure all reporting requirements are fulfilled.
- Ability to work in outdoor weather conditions included but not limited to extreme temperatures (heat and cold), rain, sleet, snow, wind, and/or wet/humid conditions.
- Work under stress and with commitment to timelines and deadlines daily.
- Adhering to site specific rules and regulations.
- Protect and promote the interest of this company in all matters and to take actions as required to satisfy such responsibilities.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Maintain excellent communication between members of the team and clients.
- Constant sitting, driving, and reaching.
- Working extended hours.
Hands on Training and Orientation
- An introduction to Aecon Six Nations JV, our industry, and our forestry work
- All requisite health and safety training
- Valuable job-specific skills training
- Preparing for work on site and job readiness training
What you Bring to the Team.
- Minimum 3 year of experience in Feller Buncher operation.
- DZ or AZ license considered an asset
- Aptitude for mechanical application of truck controls and equipment.
- Ability to operate all heavy equipment functions independently and safely.
- A team player, safety-conscious attitude
- Physical strength and stamina
- Capability to be dispatched through the local union as per the collective agreement.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with managers, peers, and clients.
- Capacity to work in outdoor weather conditions included but not limited to extreme temperatures (heat and cold), rain, sleet, snow, wind, and/or wet/humid conditions.
What you get in return:
- Paid In-depth training: Aecon takes pride in providing employees with an in-depth training that prepares them to perform their duties successfully. There will be 4-6 weeks of paid in-class and on-site training.
- Competitive Compensation: The Feller Buncher Equipment Operator is paid a competitive hourly rate aligned to the respective Collective Agreement.
- Feller Buncher Equipment Operator: Starting from $20/hr for an Apprentice Labourer with a potential to earn up to $45/hr as a Group 1 Operator.
- Union Benefits: Employees are required to join the union upon completion of the training. Employees will be eligible for benefits under the respective union’s collective agreement. Depending on the union and the benefit plan, the plan may include health, dental, prescription, vision and other benefits.
- Continuous Development and Career Opportunities: Aecon offers countless learning and growth opportunities. Our team members are passionate about growth, innovation, and collaboration. We are constantly striving to improve and better ourselves so that we can better support our clients.
APPLY NOW! Please direct all applications and inquires to our inbox: A6N@aecon.com
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert