Vice President, Information Technology
- Ministry of the Environment, Conservation and Parks
- Mississauga, Ontario
- $130,930 - $176,820 Per Year
- Closing date
- Mar 29, 2023
- IT Developer / Designer
Are you an experienced leader looking for a challenging opportunity to lead the delivery of innovative IT solutions that support operational business needs? Consider this exciting opportunity to serve as the Vice President, Information Technology with the Ontario Clean Water Agency (OCWA), Ministry of the Environment, Conservation and Parks (MECP).
The Ontario Clean Water Agency is an agency of the Province of Ontario, dedicated to providing safe, reliable and cost-effective clean water services across the province for over 25 years. OCWA has more than 200 clients, including municipalities, Indigenous communities, institutions and private sector, and is the partner of choice for more communities than any other water and wastewater service organization in Ontario.
We are seeking an experienced executive to join our team to deliver innovative business solutions with a client-focused approach. The Vice President, Information Technology will play a key leadership role in the development of OCWA’s corporate strategy, ensuring alignment with the I&IT strategy and overall goals of the Agency. The successful candidate in the role will be able to consult and collaborate with the operational divisions to lead the design of solutions, related policies, business plans, operational standards and infrastructure frameworks. This role will lead a team who will work closely with OCWA’s operations teams and key ministry stakeholders to provide business results.
An effective leader in the Ontario Public Service (OPS) is responsible, innovative, and collaborative. A responsible leader is someone who demonstrates authenticity, accountability, and courage in how they interact with others. An individual who models ethical behaviour, and who is honest and capable of making difficult choices. An innovative leader is someone who leads with common purpose, embraces positive disruption, and has a future mindset. An individual who inspires others, values continuous learning and encourages development and integration. A collaborative leader focuses on helping others to grow, drives people-centred outcomes and promotes an environment of inclusivity. A leader who consistently works to confront bias and systemic barriers while understanding the importance of creating a more diverse and accessible workplace.
OPS commitment to diversity, inclusion, accessibility and anti-racism
The OPS is an innovative, responsive, and accountable public service that works hard to be diverse, anti-racist, inclusive, accessible, merit-based, respectful, and equitable. Diversifying leadership teams is a top OPS priority with the goal to achieve parity with the Ontario labour force by 2025 for the most underrepresented groups (Indigenous, racialized and persons with disabilities) in leadership positions. To advance this goal, the OPS is collecting socio-demographic information that will help to address potential barriers and achieve equity in hiring. You are requested to complete the voluntary survey and contribute to building a more diverse, anti-racist, inclusive and accessible OPS. The OPS invites all interested individuals to apply and encourages applications from Indigenous and racialized individuals and persons with disabilities.
Visit the OPS Anti-Racism Policy and the OPS Diversity and Inclusion Blueprint < https://www.ontario.ca/page/ops-inclusion-diversity-blueprint pages to learn more about the OPS commitment to advancing racial equity, accessibility, diversity and inclusion in the public service.
The OPS offers employment accommodation across the recruitment process and all aspects of employment consistent with the requirements of Ontario's Human Rights Code . Refer to the application instructions below if you require a disability-related accommodation.
What can I expect to do in this role?
Reporting to the President and CEO of OCWA, this role is accountable for the key activities and performance of OCWA’s Information Technology and for modelling OPS leadership values. This critical role will be responsible for:
- Providing strategic leadership, vision, direction and oversight for the planning, development, implementation, and evaluation of the enterprise-wide information and information technology (I&IT) strategy in alignment with the Corporate strategy, infrastructure and business solutions Directing, overseeing and ensuring alignment of I&IT risk management solutions with enterprise-wide risk management strategies, including OCWA’s cyber security strategy Leading the creation and development of opportunities to provide total solution IT products/services to water and wastewater municipal and industry clients in the areas of asset management planning; facility and process optimization, instrumentation and integration; and operational data management Leading the planning, design, development and delivery of customized technology solutions targeted for water and wastewater operations to meet a broad range of individualized and unique client technology needs and priorities Directing and overseeing OCWA internal I&IT systems/network infrastructure, systems operations, LAN/WAN architecture, security operations, and hardware and software support, enterprise-wide application integration strategy, customer support services, and the management of network systems/applications acquisitions, enhancements and problem resolution Directing and overseeing the establishment and management of the OCWA enterprise-wide data management strategy and information management program Providing briefings and strategic advice to senior executives, and contributing to OCWA strategic planning, executive decision-making and issues resolution
How do I qualify?
- You are a values-based and inclusive leader with a background in business transformation, change and innovation, leading multi-functional teams to deliver results in a complex organizational environment You have experience implementing large complex IT operating systems and projects with a focus on change management You are a skilled influencer and have deep experience building and fostering relationships inside and outside of your organization
- You have experience with the consultation, planning, design, development and delivery of l&IT infrastructure, systems solutions, and cyber security initiatives that align with business needs You have the ability to handle the day-to-day operations to ensure integrity in the development and management of enterprise-wide IT initiatives You take calculated risks and ensure cost-effective and efficient results that have integrity and that support corporate priorities
Relationship Management Skills:
- You are known for promoting, developing and sustaining strong relationships with diverse internal and external partners You have experience delivering strategic advice and briefing senior executives You act with integrity and promote transparency and accountability
Communication and Political Acuity Skills:
- You are a strong communicator with superior public relations skills to represent the agency and lead stakeholder engagements You are proactive and have strong diplomacy skills to work collaboratively, fairly, openly and constructively with both internal and external stakeholders to identify technology-related solutions, as well as resolve sensitive, contentious or complex issues
Location: 2085 Hurontario Street, Mississauga
Salary: $130,930 - $176,820 Per Year
Job Term: 1 Permanent
Please apply online, only, by Wednesday, March 29, 2023, by visiting http://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/Preview.aspx?Language=English&JobID=196182. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact the Executive Recruitment Unit at email@example.com. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert