Bilingual Membership Coordinator
- Canadian Association of Science Centres
- From $45,000 to $52,000 per year
- Closing date
- Mar 25, 2023
- Admin / Clerical
- Contract Type
Bilingual Membership Coordinator
Annual Salary Starting at $45,000 - $52,000
Fully remote, Full-time Permanent
Extended health care
Must be legally entitled to work in and be located in Canada
Closing on: March 25, 2023 at 5 pm Eastern Time
The Canadian Association of Science Centres (CASC) is a registered charity serving more than 70 member organizations across Canada. Our members include Science Centres, Museums, Planetariums, Aquariums, Zoos, STEM outreach organizations, and other informal science engagement organizations, and industry supporters. CASC’s vision is to build a thriving science and innovation culture of engaged citizens across Canada. We empower a national network of organizations that champion Science and Innovation by making science approachable, relevant, and accessible. We cultivate an ecosystem approach, help scale innovative initiatives, and help drive policy change to recognize and value the informal science learning and public engagement sector.
CASC’s Bilingual Membership Coordinator is a critical member of the team, responsible for helping to sustain, engage, and grow the Association’s membership program. The Membership Coordinator will serve as the first point of contact for members, organize activities to engage members, and facilitate campaigns to renew and recruit new members. The Membership Coordinator will also be tasked with maintaining records, tracking membership figures, and coordinating with the accounting department regarding the payment of membership fees. This person will work closely with senior leaders, the CASC team, the CASC Board, and committee-level volunteers.
As with all members of the CASC team, the Membership Coordinator will uphold the organizations inclusive culture where we embrace diversity, address systemic barriers, and commit to treating everyone with dignity and respect.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Execute a data-driven membership strategy for the Association, including recruitment and retention, revenue generation, marketing, evaluation, reporting and professional development strategies to strengthen and grow CASC membership. Facilitate all questions, information requests, and complaints regarding membership. Process membership applications, renewals and resignations. Prepare membership marketing and communications materials, including CASC’s social media channels Help organize events and activities for existing and prospective members. Coordinate with professional translators, interpreters, and the communications team to create and disseminate compelling member communications. Function as the primary contact between the Association and its members. Coordinate Communities of Practice focused on distinct membership groups.
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills in English and French. Two years of experience and/or education in public relations, communications, administration, marketing, member engagement or, equivalent. Outstanding interpersonal skills. Experience in applying diversity, inclusion, equity, and accessibility practices in the workplace.
All members of the CASC team are expected to have the following core competencies:
- Dedication to continually improving diversity, inclusion, and equity. Actively seek and engage with diverse perspectives. A personal interest in advancing Truth and Reconciliation. Ability to identify and mitigate bias on a personal, organizational and process level. Willingness to identify and address barriers to inclusion on the personal, organizational and process levels. Empathy toward others and an ability to view different perspectives. Curiosity and interest in exploring new methods and opportunities. Ability to adapt to changing priorities and information. Ability to take and give feedback.
To be successful in this role, the Membership Coordinator will have the following additional competencies:
- Ability and willingness to learn quickly. Ability to communicate in English and French, both verbally and in writing. Ability to use Office or Google Suite software, particularly word processing and spreadsheets. Ability to track membership data and create reports. Ability to manage time, take ownership of tasks and get things done. Strong organization skills. Attention to detail.
We are seeking a self-motivated, detail-oriented person who is passionate about always delivering exceptional customer service, and believes strongly in science engagement, Indigenous ways of knowing, and evidence-based decision-making. The ideal candidate will be comfortable and organized in a dynamic environment.
We offer a flexible work environment that is solution-driven and encourages feedback at all levels. We value diversity, accountability, creativity, and critical thinking. We also offer an annual salary, 3 weeks’ paid vacation, paid sick time, medical, vision, dental and wellness benefits after 6 months of employment.
This is a salaried position based on a 7-hour workday, Monday-Friday local time, with occasional evening and weekend work when planned; infrequent travel within Canada and the US is required. This position is set in a remote office setting, with technology provided.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working with us. Only those selected for an interview for this position will be contacted.
Equity and Diversity
CASC is committed to ensuring the association is an inclusive space where community members are treated with dignity and respect. CASC encourages applications from everyone, including but not limited to women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, people with disabilities and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities. Anonymized applications are welcome and will be accepted.
Our commitment to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment starts with the hiring process. If you need to be accommodated during any phase of the interview process, please use the contact information below to request specialized accommodation. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert