Policy Communications Specialist
- Mississauga, Ontario (CA)
- Closing date
- Apr 12, 2023
We are a leading Canadian financial services co-operative committed to being a catalyst for a sustainable and resilient society and our team is essential to deliver on this strategy. That’s why we prioritize our people, to ensure we provide a strong culture and development opportunities which enables our team to thrive and to live our purpose. The best part is that you will work with people that care passionately about you, our clients, and our communities.
Our Marketing and Communications team aspires to drive innovation and be the industry leader in client engagement. Our versatile and knowledgeable team works collaboratively with business partners to enhance client experience, creating value at every point of contact. We think strategically and align our initiatives to help our organization achieve its business objectives.
As the Policy Communications Specialist you will be responsible for the development, leadership and execution of complex communications strategies that support product and policy changes. You will develop relationships and liaise with stakeholders to successfully deliver on strategic goals and objectives.
How you will create impact:
- Creating communication strategies and providing counsel to stakeholders for major initiatives.
- Providing leadership for communications related to technical policy and coverage and measuring communication plans and results for individual tactics.
- Developing and maintaining policy communication standards and style guides to enhance quality and promote consistency.
- Researching, writing, and editing content for a wide range of communication initiatives and mediums.
- Facilitating positive relationships and acting as a trusted resource and first point of contact for stakeholders.
How you will succeed:
- You have an innovative mindset to improve operational efficiencies and ability to influence change, with a primary focus on client needs.
- You use critical thinking skills to recognize assumptions, evaluate arguments, draw conclusions, and proactively propose solutions.
- You have strong communication skills to clearly convey messages and explore diverse points of view.
- You build trusting relationships and provide guidance to support the development of colleagues.
To join our team:
- You have five years of experience in strategic communications planning and execution, including experience working in an agile project management environment and the insurance industry.
- Having a post-secondary degree in Communications is an asset.
- Holding Plain Language, Change Management or Technical Communications certification(s), and the Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) designation is an asset.
- You are highly proficient in writing, editing, and researching.
- Having completed courses with the Life Office Management Association (LOMA) is an asset.
What you need to know:
- You will travel occasionally.
What's in it for you?
- Training and development opportunities to grow your career.
- Flexible work options to support personal and family needs.
- A holistic approach to your well-being, with physical and mental health programs and a supportive workplace culture.
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert