Project Manager, Health AI Implementation
- Vector Institute
- Toronto (City), Ontario (CA)
- Closing date
- Apr 13, 2023
- Project Manager
- Contract Type
Reporting to the Director, Health AI Implementation, the Project Manager will act as an interface between researchers, clinicians, and health partners, and will ensure the planning and delivery of Vector health AI implementation projects.
- Provide leadership and project management of Health AI Implementation portfolio initiatives:
- Participate in identifying, establishing, and supporting health AI deployment projects and partnerships with health organizations and researchers;
- Project plan creation, engagement with project stakeholders, identifying and managing project risks, and milestone tracking;
- Track project performance, analyze deliverables against requirements, develop, implement, and maintain ongoing progress reports, project profiles and other processes and tools designed to measure achievement of project goals; and,
- improve operational efficiency, and refine and reinforce strategies in a timely, proactive manner.
- Act as a liaison between Vector Health team members, researchers, and health sector stakeholders by relaying information and ensuring transparency;
- Develop use cases and pilot projects in collaboration with researchers and health stakeholders to facilitate the development of new algorithms and methodologies;
- Participate in developing and facilitating knowledge mobilization activities to support deployment;
- Support health organizations in increasing AI talent through the placement of interns, customized training for health organizations, and opportunities to participate in job fairs and other related recruitment efforts;
- Keep a record of Vector's support and participation in implementation projects and initiatives to capture Vector's contribution to health AI; and,
- Other related duties as assigned.
KEY SUCCESS MEASURES
- Vector achieves its goals for its health stakeholder relationships;
- The Vector Health team achieves its annual targets; and,
- Internal and external stakeholder feedback is such that the Vector Health team provides high-quality service and support through effective working relationships.
PROFILE OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- University degree in a business, health, technical, or related field is required
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience managing projects including scoping, planning, implementation, monitoring, and project closure; Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is preferred.
- Experience on projects that involve sensitive or regulated data, ideally health data, is strongly preferred.
- Broader health sector experience is strongly preferred.
- Experience with projects that involve researchers and/or clinicians is considered an asset.
- Adept at building and effectively managing multidisciplinary project teams, prioritizing conflicting needs, managing limited resources, handling matters expeditiously, and following through on tasks to successful completion.
- Possesses exceptional verbal and written English communication skills; effective in presenting to a diverse set of stakeholders from the business and technology ecosystem.
- Understands the primary roles of the various organizations including innovative Ontario organizations, (e.g., OCE, MaRS) and key Health sector players, (i.e., major Ontario hospitals, ICES, Health Canada) and their programs in support of innovation, research, and startups.
- Brings a positive attitude and energy, integrity, a sense of humour, and outlook to a corporate culture, and motivated by continuous learning and the desire to make a difference and a real contribution to health AI.
Please address applications (cover letter and resume) to Sameera Ali, Talent Acquisition Specialist, using the link provided. The deadline for submission is March 27, 2023.
At the Vector Institute we are committed to driving excellence and leadership in Canada’s knowledge, creation, and use of AI to foster economic growth and improve the lives of Canadians. We strive for greater inclusion in the programs and culture that we build by welcoming and encouraging applications from all qualified candidates. This includes but is not limited to applicants who are Indigenous, 2SLGBTQ+, racialized persons/visible minorities, women, and people with disabilities.
If you require an accommodation at any point throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact email@example.com and we will happily work with you to meet your needs.
The Vector Institute is an independent, not-for-profit corporation dedicated to research in the field of artificial intelligence (AI), excelling in machine and deep learning.
The Vector Institute launched in March 2017 with generous support from the Government of Canada, Government of Ontario, and private industry, and in partnership with the University of Toronto and other universities.
The Vector Institute will work with institutions, industry, start-ups, incubators and accelerators to advance AI research and drive its application, adoption and commercialization across Canada.
710-661 University Avenue
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert