Resource Liaison Specialist
- Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry
- Cochrane, Dryden, Geraldton, Red Lake, Sioux Lookout
- $1,323.53 - $1,645.71 Per Week
- Closing date
- Mar 30, 2023
Are you a skilled communicator with a sound grasp of natural resource management and solid experience building effective relationships with Indigenous communities and non-Indigenous stakeholders? If so, consider your niche as a Resource Liaison Specialist with the Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry’s Regional Operations Division, in the recently formed Far North District or the Dryden Work Centre of the Dryden Fort Frances Atikokan District.
NOTE: Permanent headquarters for the position in Dryden is located at 479 Government Street, Dryden; however, due to renovation work, the office has temporarily been relocated to the Alex Wilson Coldstream Building, 32 Memorial Avenue, Dryden.
NOTE: You may have the option of working from one of the following locations for the permanent positions: Sioux Lookout, Red Lake, Geraldton or Cochrane. The temporary position is located in Dryden, only.
OPS Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, Accessibility, and Anti-Racism:
We are committed to build a workforce that reflects the communities we serve and to promote a diverse, anti-racist, inclusive, accessible, merit-based, respectful and equitable workplace.
We invite all interested individuals to apply and encourage applications from people with disabilities, Indigenous, Black, and racialized individuals, as well as people from a diversity of ethnic and cultural origins, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
Visit the OPS Anti-Racism Policy and the OPS Diversity and Inclusion Blueprint pages to learn more about the OPS commitment to advance racial equity, accessibility, diversity, and inclusion in the public service.
We offer employment accommodation across the recruitment process and all aspects of employment consistent with the requirements of Ontario's Human Rights Code . Refer to the application instructions below if you require a disability-related accommodation.
What can I expect to do in this role? In this position, you will: • Provide advice on, plan and lead Indigenous programs and initiatives
• Promote understanding, co-operation and participation in the ministry's sustainable resource management programs with a focus on lands and resource allocation with communities and other users
• Act as the ministry representative or advisor in resource and issue negotiation with Indigenous communities and associations
• Prepare budget submissions and explore funding options as well as authorize and track expenditures for Indigenous and non-Indigenous programs and initiatives within communities
• Assist in the development and delivery of community outreach initiatives to non-Indigenous communities Locations: Cochrane, Dryden, Geraldton, Red Lake, Sioux Lookout
How do I qualify? Mandatory • You possess a valid class G Ontario driver's licence or equivalent. Specialized Knowledge: • You have knowledge of, and sensitivity to, Indigenous culture, social and economic issues, concerns, legislation, policies and communities.
• You can apply your knowledge of resource management principles, practices, policies and procedures to advance ministry initiatives. Communication and Interpersonal Skills: • You have proven conflict resolution and facilitation skills to negotiate and build consensus on resource management issues.
• You can foster effective relationships with stakeholders and Indigenous and non-Indigenous communities and associations.
• You can provide sound advice and develop written products such as briefing notes, reports, presentations and correspondence. Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills: • You have demonstrated ability to research and analyze information and data to respond to requests and/or issues.
• You can understand and apply policies, procedures and directives to recommend solutions and provide issues management support. Administrative Skills: • You have proven skills to prepare work plans, and budgets and track and monitor expenditures/deliverables.
• You are able to prioritize, coordinate and complete work in given timeframes. Salary Range: $1,323.53 - $1,645.71 Per Week
- 3 Permanent, 14 Hwy 105, Red Lake, North Region or 2-3 Hwy 11 S, Cochrane, North Region or 208 Beamish Ave, Geraldton, North Region or 49 Prince St, Sioux Lookout, North Region 1 Temporary, duration up to 18 months (with possibility of extension), 479 Government St, Dryden, North Region
- The information that you provide for the purpose of this competition and the results from this competition may be used to fill other positions. These positions may be of various tenures, including short-term assignments. Your information and the results from this competition will be retained for the purpose of filling vacancies in accordance with the applicable collective agreement or policy provisions.
Please apply online, only, at www.ontario.ca/careers, quoting Job ID 195275, by Thursday, March 30, 2023. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert