MANAGER, DESIGN AND ARCHITECTURE
- The Daniels Corporation
- Toronto (City), Ontario (CA)
- Closing date
- May 27, 2023
- Coordinator, Project Manager
At Daniels, you will work with passionate leaders across the real estate development process to make purposeful change and bring communities to life.
The Daniels Corporation builds with a passion for creating vibrant communities in every sense of the word. Daniels looks beyond the bricks and mortar, including social, cultural and economic infrastructures that will create a unique sense of place. This commitment has been an integral part of Daniels’ corporate philosophy for over 39 years. Daniels has built more than 35,000 award-winning homes and apartments, master-planned mixed-use communities, and commercial and retail spaces, and has earned its standing as one of Canada’s largest and preeminent builder/developers.
WE DO WHAT’S RIGHT
We stand behind what we build, and we make it last. By approaching what we do with the highest standards, we create exceptional homes and resilient communities.
WE PUT PEOPLE FIRST
By putting people first, we build strong and diverse communities in which we can all reach our full potential together.
WE BUILD FOR THE FUTURE
Daniels makes positive change possible. Our sustainable practices and long-term thinking drive us to build a healthy future for all.
WE LOVE WHAT WE DO
We go above and beyond, because our passion pushes us to take action. At Daniels, you will love what you do so people can love where they live.
The Daniels Corporation is actively searching for a full-time Manager, Design + Architecture at the downtown Toronto office. Reporting to the Vice President, Design + Architecture, the role will support the design efforts on new and active projects and ensure spaces are designed to fulfill the project vision.
Responsibilities – Project Based Work:
• Lead the design process for exterior architecture, residential suites, building lobbies, amenities, landscape architecture, and common areas by working closely with external consultants including the architect, interior designer, landscape architect, structural engineer, mechanical engineer, electrical engineer, and rendering firm.
• Play an active role during the Schematic Design and Design Development phases.
• Play a secondary role throughout Contract Document phase and provide light oversight throughout construction.
• Support the design of projects to align with financial goals, social impact metrics and aspirations tied to corporate/industry decarbonization.
• Assist Investments team with the collection and vetting of building and site statistics for pro forma updates.
• Coordinate meetings with relevant team members to develop the project vision and to realize that vision by leading the design process with project consultants.
• Provide assistance with internal efforts tied to the project/sales launch process.
• Support Marketing team with the creation of marketing assets created from design outputs.
• Facilitate design of the presentation centre environments in concert with various internal departments.
• Secondary assistance tied to assessment of new opportunities, including initial due diligence and site studies to validate financial viability and land acquisition.
• Provide secondary assistance around consultant engagement, including preparation of request for proposals, proposal analysis, and award.
• Prepare agenda, materials and other collateral in advance of project meetings and presentations.
Responsibilities – General:
• Work collaboratively with the Décor team on various projects and design standards.
• Study and investigate new construction methodologies, industry trends, new products, and design features for all tenures.
• Study how BIM can streamline internal processes and develop approach for integration in concert with IT department and/or external consultants.
• Undertake specialty projects as directed by the Vice President, Design + Architecture.
• Post-secondary Degree or Diploma in Architecture.
• High proficiency in BIM.
• General proficiency in Excel.
• Minimum of 3 – 5 years of experience in development of residential or mixed-use projects.
• Ability to read and understand drawings, specifications, construction documents and with 3D visualization and comprehension.
• General knowledge of the development and construction process.
• Exceptional critical thinking, time management, prioritization, and organizational skills.
• Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
• Self-managed with a heightened sense of urgency and great attention to detail.
• Able to work independently in accordance with tight timelines.
• Strong verbal and professional written communication skills.
• Comfortable working in cross-functional teams and giving direction to external consultants.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume by April 28 st, 2023 to Denise Plamenco, Manager, People and Culture, at firstname.lastname@example.org
As an employer committed to employment equity and accessibility for persons with disabilities, we encourage applications from members of equity-deserving communities including women, BIPOC/racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities/expressions. We encourage members of all equity-deserving groups to self-identify within their cover letter should they wish to do so. When a candidate voluntarily discloses this information in their cover letter, the information will be kept strictly confidential. Disclosure and/or self- identification with an equity-deserving group will not lead to advantageous treatment of a candidate who is not qualified. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted
Building homes for everyone has been instilled in each Daniels team member by our company founder and Chairman Emeritus, John H. Daniels. In a career that has spanned nearly seven decades, Mr. Daniels has left an indelible mark on the quality of the places in which people live, work, play, create, and shop.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert