Responsible for contract/vendor management. Ensure all contracts, contractors and staﬀ are providing the best options for each contract and following safety practices at all times. Encompassing all legislative requirements and generally accepted maintenance practices to employ applicable contracted services.
Position available in:
Duties and Responsibilities
- HVAC & Mechanical Contract Administration
Skills and Qualifications
- Create work orders based on service requests and issue Process incoming invoices.
- Site visits to review new and ongoing issues. Coordinate work with vendors and in-house trades staﬀ.
- Responsible for completing scheduled and non-scheduled inspections Responsible for all aspects of accurate documentation and inspection records Responsible for developing and administering contracts.
- Responsible for budget control of the contracts
- Participates in the tendering process of maintenance contracts
- Performs necessary on-site inspections to conﬁrm contractors have required tools and equipment to complete work in a safe manner as per all related and legislated Health and Safety guidelines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Provides ad hoc assistance on projects/initiatives within the unit/team.
- Post-secondary education is required.
- Bachelor in Mechanical Engineering is a preference.
- Minimum 3-5 years work related experience in HVAC/Mechanical is required. Minimum 3-5 years experience in budget management is highly preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in developing, administering and maintaining contract agreements is highly preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years experience with knowledge of facility maintenance is highly preferred. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- A valid Ontario driver's license with access to a vehicle is required.
- Experience with Microsoft Oﬃce software and appropriate City programs (Infor, SAP Fiori, Concur, CMMS) May require climbing ladders and working at heights. Exposure to computer keyboards and screens.
- Primarily oﬃce environment with regular site visits.
Hourly Rate/Salary:$ 74,817.00 - $ 99,758.00
Hours of Work:35
Work Location:950 Burnhamthorpe Rd W
Department/Division/Section:CPS/Corporate Services Dept,CPS/Facil & Property Mgmt Div,Energy Mgt & Facilities Mntce
Non-Union/Union: Non Union
A Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (Level 2) will be required of the successful candidate, at their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has notbeen granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. You can alsocheck your application status in your candidate profile online.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with theAccessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005and the OntarioHuman Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.