Provide professional planning advice and recommendations to all levels of City staff, levels of government, affected agencies and departments, the public and all other stakeholders, tribunals and courts to guide the growth and development of the City of Mississauga.Duties and Responsibilities
Skills and Qualifications
- Provide professional planning advice and recommendations to Planning and Development Committee, City Council, public agencies, consultants, elected officials, Committee of Adjustment, staff, residents, special interest groups, and/or the Ontario Land Tribunal (OLT) hearings
- Research, write reports, manage work plans and present recommendations on development applications and special projects
- Review, analyze, develop and advise on policies
- Comply with relevant City policies
- Provide assistance on projects/initiatives within the unit/team/division
- Write reports , Liaise with applicants, Councillors, City staff, residents and other parties
- Perform other duties as may be assigned
- University Degree in Urban Planning or related discipline with a minimum of three years development planning experience
- Membership in Ontario Professional Planners Institute and Canadian Institute of Planners is preferred
- Highly developed research, analytical, report writing, communication, organizational and project management skills are preferred
- Exposure to computer keyboards and screens. Primarily office environment with occasional site visits
- May require occasional lifting equipment for meetings, standing for long periods of time an walking at site visits
- Must have ability to travel and provide own transportation and be comfortable working flexible hours
- The 2 year contractposition comes with full benefits, for an overview please click on the following link: Long Term Full Time Contract Employees - 2+ Years
- The 1 year contract positions come with a $1200 health spending account
- 3 weeks of vacation
- Option to enroll into the OMERS pension
- Hybrid workplace - a mix of remote and office work
Hourly Rate/Salary:$ 46.79 - $ 62.39
Hours of Work:35
Work Location:Hybrid, work from home and in person at Civic Center #LI-Hybrid
Organization Unit:P&B/Development South
Department/Division/Section:P&B/Planning & Building Dept,P&B/Develop & Design Division,Development South
Non-Union/Union: Non Union
A Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (Level 2) or Vulnerable Sector Check (Level 3) will be required of the successful candidate, at their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has notbeen granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. You can alsocheck your application status in your candidate profile online.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with theAccessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005and the OntarioHuman Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.