The ATMS Operation Technician will be part of a team that contributes to the safe and efficient travel of residents throughout Mississauga. Using state of the art equipment to monitor, analyze and alter signal timings and traffic flow across Mississauga increasing communications regarding road disruption and supporting Mississauga in achieving Vision Zero.Duties and Responsibilities
Skills and Qualifications
- Proactively monitors, analyses and reports on the City’s road network for traffic flow disruptions using a variety of technologies such as CCTV, Bluetooth VDS, etc.
- Uses sound judgement and decision making when determining and implementing temporary modifications to the traffic signal timing plans in accordance to established procedures and guidelines.
- Monitors the City’s traffic control system for substandard performance and initiates repairs either independently or through a third party vendor.
- Triages inquiries from a variety of stakeholders providing accurate and timely responses related to Traffic Management.
- Assists in the initial development and regular review of Standard Operating Procedures of operational instructions to ensure that best practices are complete and up to date.
- Other duties as assigned
- Post-secondary education in a 3 year civil engineering technology, transportation or related discipline is required
- A minimum of 1 year work experience in Traffic Management is required with preference given to direct work experience in a Traffic Management Centre.
- CET designation or ability to obtain the designation within a specific timeframe is required
- Excellent organization skills with the ability to manage competing tasks in a time-sensitive environment.
- Proven ability to make sound judgements and decisions based on standard operating procedures
- Strong technical and investigative skills is required to resolve issues and respond to inquires (written & verbal) to a diverse stakeholder group including residents, council, etc.
- Monitor and program Traffic Controllers which requires the ability to lift up to 15lbs on as needed basis.
- Exposure to computer keyboards and screens for prolonged periods of time is required
- Travel to various site inspections is required on an as needed basis, making a valid class “G” driver’s license an asset
Hourly Rate/Salary:$ 65,753.00 - $ 87,671.00
Hours of Work:35
Work Location:Mavis Yard: Common Building
Department/Division/Section:T&W/Transportation&Works Dept,T&W/Traffic Mgt & Municipal Parking Div,Traffic Signals & Systems
Non-Union/Union: Non Union
A Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (Level 2) or Vulnerable Sector Check (Level 3) will be required of the successful candidate, at their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has notbeen granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. You can alsocheck your application status in your candidate profile online.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with theAccessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005and the OntarioHuman Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.