Analyze and support the preparation and presentation of budget and business plan submissions. On an on-going basis, ensure accuracy, compliance and timeliness of current financial statements and forecasts, providing opinion on overall effectiveness from a financial/service level perspective.Duties and Responsibilities
Skills and Qualifications
- Consolidate financial information and reports, drafting and editing financial presentations.
- Monitor and analyze budget variances, financial results and present funding recommendations.
- Prepare forecasts and provide explanations on trends and hot spots.
- Prepare costing scenarios and funding options; create financial models to forecast revenues and costs.
- Ensure budget process policy & guidelines are followed.
- Ensure compliance with budget control bylaw & reserve and reserve fund bylaw.
- Adhere to the recommendations set forth in the Public Standard Accounting Board (PSAB) and the CICA handbook.
- Analysis, reporting and monitoring of large operating budget, reporting budget variances.
- Provides ad hoc assistance on projects/initiatives within the unit/team.
- Uses information that is stored within the unit/team and/or available without special authorization.
- University or college education (or in progress) in business administration, commerce, finance or related fields and a professional accounting designation (CMA, CGA, CA), or equivalent.
- Knowledge of General Accounting Principles.
- High attention to detail required.
- Solid typing/keyboarding skills; strong computer skills, advanced Excel.
- Thorough understanding of the City of Mississauga's policies and procedures to ensure that the organizations' resources are protected.
- May require some light lifting of supplies/materials.
- Prolonged exposure to computer keyboards and screens. Primarily office environment.
Hourly Rate/Salary:$ 85,155.00 - $ 113,541.00
Hours of Work:35
Work Location:Hybrid, work from home and in person at Civic Centre #LI-HYBRID
Organization Unit:CMO/Business Servcies - T&W
Department/Division/Section:CMO/City Manager's Office,CMO/Finance Division,Business Services & Process Solutns
Non-Union/Union: Non Union
A Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (Level 2) or Vulnerable Sector Check (Level 3) will be required of the successful candidate, at their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has notbeen granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. You can alsocheck your application status in your candidate profile online.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with theAccessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005and the OntarioHuman Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.