This position willprovide functional guidance of staff in the day-to-day operation and ensure staffing level meets customer service demand and troubleshoot issues.Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Manager, 311 Citizen Contact Centre, responsible for:
Skills and Qualifications
- Supervision of the day-to-day operations, including planning, overseeing functions such as staﬃng and training, coordinating eﬃcient and eﬀective multi-channel citizen service delivery to meet projected service levels and in accordance with the city's customer service strategy.
- Monitor the performance of 311 customer service staﬀ which includes full-time and part-time Customer Service Advisors. Awareness of other municipalities and other governing bodies such as the Region of Peel and their operations, Ministry of the Environment, Employment Standards, etc.
- Conducts interviews for hire and prepares performance appraisals; deals with all matters pertaining to discipline and makes recommendations regarding staﬀ development. Manage resourcing through recruitment.
- Conduct quarterly and year-end evaluation reviews through Performance Development Program (PDP). Sets standards for the 311 contact center and monitors performance of staﬀ through their KPI's and quality assurance to ensure accurate, timely and courteous responses on the phone and email. Set and review standards for Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Quality Service Inspections (QSIs) as they relate to the CSAs. Review and issue monthly KPI score cards to CSAs. Update Manager on trends and opportunities. Maintains and implements recognition programs to engage and motivate staff performance while fostering staff development.
- Ensures training is enhanced, developed and delivered for all required call center technologies and procedures, customer service soft skills, and departmental knowledge for policies and procedures. Plan, review, and develop training by conducting regular assessment of training program and knowledge transfer to ensuring up to date information and develops necessary plans to ensure training is successful.
- Ensure appropriate messaging on 311 and all technologies function correctly on a daily basis. Assists the 311 Call Centre Manager in a backup role. Performs other related duties as assigned. Handle Customer Service inquiries, requests, complaints, investigations, etc. Report trends on customer inquiries, complaints, requests, etc.
- Provide functional guidance of staﬀ in the day-to-day operation. Ensure staﬃng level meets customer service demand and troubleshoot issues. Oversee call centre ensuring all operations are functioning without disruption; opening, closing, call queue, Interactive Voice Response (IVR) messaging, etc.
- Guide staﬀ on daily tasks, communicating policies and procedures, and reallocating tasks as required.
- Manage escalations from irate customers. Monitor reports to ensure performance standards are being adhered to. Handling investigations and escalations from Business Units or from 311 Manager for Mayor and Council. Advanced full understanding of all metrics and have analytical skills to measure and report to the Manager
- Maintain standard operating procedures, and resolve ﬁrst level staﬀ issues. Identify gaps in knowledge base documentation and oﬀer solutions. Prepare staff schedule based on projected call volume and incorporate coverage to accommodate training, meetings, events and vacations.
- Responsible to deliver hands-on training to staﬀ. Report on historical data for service level, weekly and annual comparisons, in addition to trends on customer inquiries. Review and update call centre Policies and Procedures as required based on business needs and changes. Perform other related duties as assigned, including but not limited to; Administrative tasks, Payroll, Communications, Human Resources, etc.
- Relevant post-secondary diploma/degree, preferably in business or administration with 5 years call center management experience or combination of education/experience.
- Demonstrated leadership, performance management and service excellence skills in a customer service/ call center oriented environment are essential.
- Must possess excellent communication, organizational, analytical and technical, time management, project management, presentation and service oriented skills.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and delivering training plans, and rewards and recognition programs.
- Working knowledge of customer contact center operations and the supporting technology, such as quality management, workforce management, CRM, CISCO call routing, and Knowledge Base systems, including the ability to learn new systems as required based on business needs.
- Must be able to work in a high-volume, fast-paced environment.
Hourly Rate/Salary:$ 74,817.00 - $ 99,758.00
Hours of Work:35
Work Location:950 Burnhamthorpe Rd W
Department/Division/Section:CPS/Corporate Services Dept,CPS/Corporate Business Services Division,Customer Service
Non-Union/Union: Non Union
A Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (Level 2) or Vulnerable Sector Check (Level 3) will be required of the successful candidate, at their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has notbeen granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. You can alsocheck your application status in your candidate profile online.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with theAccessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005and the OntarioHuman Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.