MARKETING & SOCIAL MEDIA COORDINATOR
At Daniels, you will work with passionate leaders across the real estate development process to make purposeful change and bring communities to life.
The Daniels Corporation builds with a passion for creating vibrant communities in every sense of the word. Daniels looks beyond the bricks and mortar, including social, cultural and economic infrastructures that will create a unique sense of place. This commitment has been an integral part of Daniels’ corporate philosophy for over 39 years. Daniels has built more than 39,000 award-winning homes and apartments, master-planned mixed-use communities, and commercial and retail spaces, and has earned its standing as one of Canada’s largest and preeminent builder/developers.
WE DO WHAT’S RIGHT
We stand behind what we build, and we make it last. By approaching what we do with the highest standards, we create exceptional homes and resilient communities.
WE PUT PEOPLE FIRST
By putting people first, we build strong and diverse communities in which we can all reach our full potential together.
WE BUILD FOR THE FUTURE
Daniels makes positive change possible. Our sustainable practices and long-term thinking drive us to build a healthy future for all.
WE LOVE WHAT WE DO
We go above and beyond, because our passion pushes us to take action. At Daniels, you will love what you do so people can love where they live.
The Daniels Corporation is actively searching for a self-motivated and innovative Marketing & Social
Media Coordinator to join our Marketing team. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Marketing & Digital Strategy, this role provides a dynamic work environment, a strong and collaborative team, and an opportunity to push boundaries and creative limits. This position will require occasional weekend and evening work.
- Exceptional Multi-Tasker: You can shift your attention from one activity to another while completing tasks with high attention to detail. You are very organized and thrive in fast-paced environments.
- Team Player: You are a reliable, open-minded individual who enjoys collaborating and supporting colleagues to ensure success. You are eager to help others when they need support and adapt quickly in changing environments.
- Excellent Communicator: You communicate effectively with others, are a great listener and ask questions. You are eager to use your communication skills to support various marketing initiatives.
- Social Media Savvy: You recognize the power of digital marketing & social media to enhance a brand. You stay on top of emerging trends and take an analysis-based approach to informing strategy.
- An Eye for Design: You have a strong sense of design including what makes an ad stand out, how an end-user navigates a website or social media profile and that first impression when a customer walks into a presentation centre.
- Day-to-day community management of various social media platforms including Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook, TikTok (reviewing and responding to comments, reviewing tagged posts, etc.), as well as reviewing and responding to Google Reviews
- Support Senior Manager, Marketing & Digital Strategy with developing creative and engaging project and corporate content for social media, working with agencies or in-house resources
- Schedule social media content using social media management tool
- Data input and review for weekly digital reports
- As needed, provide social media support to various executives
- Attend site visits and events, capturing in-the-moment social media content and posting to social media platforms
- Support the Marketing Managers with the development of various marketing materials including brochures, eblasts, digital assets, signage, and other visual materials to engage target audiences
- Attend and support weekly meetings (prepare agendas, take detailed notes, distribute meeting invites & minutes)
- Updating budget tracking documents and approving invoices
- Assist with sourcing vendors and obtaining quotes, etc. for various marketing initiatives, events and projects.
- Proofreading and copywriting as required (eBlasts, social media captions, brochures etc.)
- Review and coordinate revisions to marketing assets, floorplans, renderings, and other materials as required
- Support with ongoing digital maintenance including website content, digital advertising, URL management, Google listings and more
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations, including but not limited to, sales orientations, briefing presentations and events
- Responsible for setting up and deploying eblasts, as well as reviewing and sharing email campaign reports
- Assist with the coordination and attend sales related events
- Assist with new presentation centre and model home set up and support with ongoing maintenance
- Assist with market research, competitive analysis and producing reports
- Maintain up-to-date health and safety documentation, as well as identify and report any impediments to a safe wok environment for purchasers, contractors, suppliers, and consultants
- Support with various administrative tasks
- Other related tasks as required
- Degree in Marketing, Communications Business, Advertising, or a related field, a focus in Marketing is preferred.
- 1-2 years’ experience in a coordinator role in a business environment or with an advertising firm working on accounts. Real estate experience is considered an asset.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and PowerPoint. The ideal candidate will have some familiarity with Canva, Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, as well as WordPress or other web content management systems.
- Experience working with social media management tools (Meta Business Suite, Sprout Social, etc.) is an asset
- Familiarity with search engine optimization (SEO) best practices, Google advertising and social media advertising platforms such as Meta Business Suite.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency and experience in the use of Canva, experience with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, etc.) is an asset
- Excellent organizational skills
- Available to travel to sites and other communities across the GTA.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to Daron Blackburn, Senior Manager, Marketing & Digital Strategy, at firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, August 30, 2023.
As an employer committed to employment equity and accessibility for persons with disabilities, we encourage applications from members of equity-deserving communities including women,
BIPOC/racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities/expressions. We encourage members of all equity-deserving groups to self-identify
within their cover letter should they wish to do so. When a candidate voluntarily discloses this information in their cover letter, the information will be kept strictly confidential. Disclosure and/or self-identification with an equity-deserving group will not lead to advantageous treatment of a candidate who is not qualified. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.